Anyone airtel myplan user ?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
The link you provided is from 2012. Much have changed since then. People don't use sms now. Plans and prices too have changed.

Anyhow, taking your own link as example. Let me tell you one fact. Indians are smarter than US. Indians are much more price and value councious and they know that they are not computers who would talk for 800 minutes per month. In reality the usage changes for majority of customers every month. In USA majority users are postpaid which they take as a contract with a mobile. They definately pay more monthly.
Secondly, due to the varying nature of usage. The monthly fixed rental would definately make it costly vis-a-vis prepaid.
Thirdly, I don't agree that even with high usage prepaid is costly. It's your myth. The previous example shows it very well. In which the user got 30p/min on postpaid while with a small top up you can make 1p/sec to 30p/min/two minutes.
And lastly, the benefits or talktime that you get for fixed rental per month gets lapsed every month if you don't use them. Which is not the case with prepaid. We get unlimited validity on our talktime balance. It never gets lapsed. This single point alone saves you a lot of extra money depending on your usage.

not really
you cant say one is better than the other or that contract system is expensive or something
depends on usage
some of us have higher usage
also recharging is a pain if you keep travelling etc

- - - Updated - - -

also Docomo may be cheap but its connectivity scores a zero in Maharashtra and Karnataka
you cannot generalise and say anything is better in telecom, there are just too many factors

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
not really
you cant say one is better than the other or that contract system is expensive or something
depends on usage
some of us have higher usage
also recharging is a pain if you keep travelling etc

- - - Updated - - -

also Docomo may be cheap but its connectivity scores a zero in Maharashtra and Karnataka
you cannot generalise and say anything is better in telecom, there are just too many factors

We have no problem if you want to remain with postpaid. After all telecom operators also need to earn good profit from innocent people like you. That's good for prepaid users as the telecom operators wont get pressurized to increase prepaid tariffs due to lower profits. And thus, I sincerely hope postpaid users to (pay for prepaid suckers)increase ;).

But, it's no rocket science to know which is cheaper and what is costlier. As have been shown very clearly in previous example.

Secondly, postpaid users have to deposit a fixed rent every month whether you are available or not. Delaying which for several days, would result in either extra fines or disconnection which stops both incoming and outgoing. And there is a fixed credit limit as well which means that even a heavy user would not be able to make any calls or would have to recharge faster after that limit which in many cases is as low as Rs 500-1000 upper limit.

While in prepaid you can relax. It's not an emergency to recharge your mobile as incoming is valid forever. You are not charged for late deposit and there is no disconnection threat.
Also, prepaid vouchers and recharges are available at every kirana store, pan wala, or stationary store. No need to go to the showroom.

Thirdly, you do understand that maharashtra and karnataka are only parts of india and does not represent the whole of india!

Lastly, there are many telecom operators out there other than airtel. With pan india presence such as vodafone, idea, uninor, aircel, reliance etc-2 with varying connectivity strongholds. There are other cheaper options apart from tata docomo that I have not mentioned here. So, depending on your region. All provide good prepaid plans as well. I am sure you can find better plans than the one I mentioned above in those regions as well.
And by the way airtel is one of the most over priced telecom operator out there. And it does have bad connectivity in many regions of india as well. So, don't focus too much on that.

Tata docomo example was just to show you how economical, flexible, practical prepaid plans usually are vis-a-vis postpaid plans. And that's why more than 95% of mobile users in india are prepaid customers(remember they are more value and cost councious aka smarter). That huge statistics in itself is a fine example of where the true value proposition lies.

I am yet to see a consumer postpaid plan that is cheaper than a prepaid plan. Why don't you share your postpaid plan details with us. Let everyone know how cheap it is? :D :thumbup:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Just because you prefer and use prepaid doesnt make postpaid consumers fools
also personal attacks wont get you anywhere, Im enjoying good service and use both prepaid and postpaid on two phones , I pretty much know what im talking about
there are pros and cons of both
"Sasta sundar tikao" isnt everyones attitude
to save a few bucks on the bill, you are anyways gonna go out of your way and be inconvenienced with "low balance" etc
also its ironic that you use docomo and still dont want to see that most paanwalas,stationery shops etc dont keep docomo and most other telecoms, only vodafone, idea and airtel and maybe 1-2 more
dont try to impose your views onto others especially on some of us who have experience with both
I get a sim from work and have one for personal plus a few more in my household
3 postpaid and 3 prepaid totally, all from different telecom providers

Im not gonna waste my time on someone who is so dangerously inclined to prepaid that he refuses to see clear logic and pros and cons of both and instead goes on to call everyone else a fool
dont bother replying if you cant have a conversation without bias

gavnit

Broken In
specially when docomo gsm doesn't even exist in delhi. he is hell bent on one plan of a single operator. why not prepaid plan of any major gsm operator. docomo is good for students only.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am not defending [MENTION=286426]REDHOTIRON2004[/MENTION] , nor I am in favour of Docomo.
There is no need to go personal, if you find your Postpay good, then stick with it, I have seen many who are using postpaid just because they think it makes them smarter. Ofcourse, its their perception and definitely not the case with you [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] .

Today Docomo executive visited my house from NETWORK department, he took coordinates and said that yes we have issues and will be fixed soon.. so for now I am going to stick to it, but if there is something better and reliable then I won't hesitate to switch, even if its postpay.. but I am yet to find anything better (had spent quite sometime analyzing postpay plan of voda, idea , airtel etc.. ).

So, Good for you that Postpay works .. with all
  • extra taxes, while prepay mostly comes with inclusive all taxes
  • late payment charges, not applicable on prepay
  • credit limit issue, again not applicable on prepay
  • inflexibility in changing packs / tariff, do it whenver you want on prepay
  • mandatory to pay bill even if you are noting using it , never necessary on prepay
  • Hassle in MNP(if you want) as you have to clear bills before that, most of the time they forfeit your tiny amounts unless you have guts and time to take it, and in prepay its just matter of sending text for MNP, no third party required.

Moreover, if you are really heavy user, just keep paper RC with you, fill your phone anytime, while not to mention services like Paytm, freecharge, mobiqwik.. I hardly visit any store for refilling my prepay. Best part is that if you get any stupid services activated , they can't charge you if you don't have balance .. while in postpay, you are charged... just charged.

Well, still I think your Postpay is better than Prepay.. I lost my argument with you [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] .. :cry:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Just because you prefer and use prepaid doesnt make postpaid consumers fools
also personal attacks wont get you anywhere, Im enjoying good service and use both prepaid and postpaid on two phones , I pretty much know what im talking about
there are pros and cons of both
"Sasta sundar tikao" isnt everyones attitude
to save a few bucks on the bill, you are anyways gonna go out of your way and be inconvenienced with "low balance" etc
also its ironic that you use docomo and still dont want to see that most paanwalas,stationery shops etc dont keep docomo and most other telecoms, only vodafone, idea and airtel and maybe 1-2 more
dont try to impose your views onto others especially on some of us who have experience with both
I get a sim from work and have one for personal plus a few more in my household
3 postpaid and 3 prepaid totally, all from different telecom providers

Im not gonna waste my time on someone who is so dangerously inclined to prepaid that he refuses to see clear logic and pros and cons of both and instead goes on to call everyone else a fool
dont bother replying if you cant have a conversation without bias

Where have I called anyone a fool?
I have only used the word innocent.
Innocent means sharif(its a good word and it definately doesnt mean fool):thumbup:.

And mate, I have not attacked anyone. Why would I do that? According to me we are having a cordial and light discussion(with small jokes here and there). You have no reason to feel threatened by me bro.
Use your postpaid as much as you want. I really don't have anything against that as I have mentioned that in my previous post.

I am yet to see a logical argument on your side through. You mentioned that you don't like your balance to run out in between calls or don't want to do prepaid recharge for which I told you that you have to worry about disconnection and the upper limit of credit on post paid which clearly showed that your perceived pros are actually cons.
Also, you have not yet shared any figures on post paid which might make me see your point validly the way you want me to see it. Still, waiting for your pros of postpaid.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Its ridiculous how one cant have a fair arguement here
first off theres no "perfect plan/operator" etc, its all dependent on region etc
heck everything changes everywhere
try using vodafone in karnataka or docomo in maharashtra for example, youll get pathetic service even if its cheap
whereas Vodafone might be better in other places , same for Docomo
and there are too many factors to judge

Just because you cant see yourself pay that extra few bucks on postpaid (depending on plan) doesnt mean prepaid is best or something, you are equally inconvenienced when trying to look for recharge or if you travel or use certain plans
Instead of imposing your views on others, try and see pros and cons of both instead of getting so excited

dont bother replying ,Im already laughing at the no of misconceptions people seem to have
Theres no "better" or "one shoe fits all"
peace out

With prepaid on Idea in Mumbai, I used to get bills of 700 bucks , I used the same plans and switched to postpaid now and my bill is now 750
using the EXACT same plans,usage
that doesnt mean one is better than the other
both have their pros and cons

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't know why you guys are fighting. Every person has got different usage, thus the different requirement.

I was a prepaid user ever since I started using mobile.

But recently I switched to postpaid as I the cost difference between prepaid and postpaid has really narrowed down. Yes, prepaid used to be cheaper, a lot cheaper, but not anymore.

Prepaid is now cheap only in specific providers and specific circles and specific users (exclusive custom offers).

I actually did the maths rupee by rupee before switching postpaid. I had an average usage, only calling and some SMS (yes, SMS). I have 199/- plan, giving me 600 mins, 400 sms, 30p local, 50p STD. That's fine for me.

Sometimes, if the usage is high, then it trumps prepaid otherwise in most cases I'm on the cheaper of more or less equal side of the prepaid version.

Not to forget I don't have to recharge anymore. My CC takes care of the bill whenever it comes.

As far as minimum billing is considered, everyone is smart enough to choose a plan which they'd use anyhow. I mean the usage is dynamic but not dynamic enough to bring it down from 1000 mins to 100 mins.

Being said all the above, prepaid is still cheaper in most case scenarios, but the cost difference has narrowed a LOT.

Also, sometimes, flexibility of recharge is enough reason even if it costs a bit more, at least for some if not all.

As the requirement is same, so each one to its own. :chillpill:

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION],

If you are confused, let me enlighten you..
1. This thread is primarily about Prepaid vs postpaid (though it started with something little different).
2. This thread is not about quality of network at all.
3. This thread is not about vodafone vs idea vs docomo
4. I am not advocating DOCOMO .. atm it fits me so I have it..
5. Again to help you out.. idea is not the economical provider, its infact twice costly at my place.. be it minute or data.. so you can't compare it with some specific provider... its just about prepay vs postpay in general.
6. Your postpay is best.. (refer to my post why )

Case closed

PS: if still puzzled.. sorry I can't help :p

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I don't know why you guys are fighting. Every person has got different usage, thus the different requirement.

I was a prepaid user ever since I started using mobile.

But recently I switched to postpaid as I the cost difference between prepaid and postpaid has really narrowed down. Yes, prepaid used to be cheaper, a lot cheaper, but not anymore.

Prepaid is now cheap only in specific providers and specific circles and specific users (exclusive custom offers).

I actually did the maths rupee by rupee before switching postpaid. I had an average usage, only calling and some SMS (yes, SMS). I have 199/- plan, giving me 600 mins, 400 sms, 30p local, 50p STD. That's fine for me.

Sometimes, if the usage is high, then it trumps prepaid otherwise in most cases I'm on the cheaper of more or less equal side of the prepaid version.

Not to forget I don't have to recharge anymore. My CC takes care of the bill whenever it comes.

As far as minimum billing is considered, everyone is smart enough to choose a plan which they'd use anyhow. I mean the usage is dynamic but not dynamic enough to bring it down from 1000 mins to 100 mins.

Being said all the above, prepaid is still cheaper in most case scenarios, but the cost difference has narrowed a LOT.

Also, sometimes, flexibility of recharge is enough reason even if it costs a bit more, at least for some if not all.

As the requirement is same, so each one to its own. :chillpill:

^^ Exactly !! pretty much sums it up
the most unbiased opinion ive seen so far

Top Bottom