Status
Not open for further replies.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Hi friends,
I want to post my small creation
*img403.imageshack.us/img403/3514/24616882.th.png
on Deviantart.

But after reading its terms and conditions, i am in confusion, of their Law And Order...
I haven't posted any of my art their...so any one could tell me that should i post the creation? Will it be OK according to law?

Thanks
Varad

shaunak

Tux Fan
I have a deviant art account. There is nothing illegal about posting to it. Relax and go ahead and post.

To reassure you its: shaunak.deviantart

OP
VarDOS

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
no the above image is just an demo......
and if i post it on deviant art will it become copyright

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
If its completely your work then no problem in posting it. Then ofcourse you hold the copyright to it.

shaunak

Tux Fan
You have misunderstood the licence agreement.

You, the creator, hold ALL rights to the image.
DeviantARt simply obtains a display liscence FROM you through their agreement.
IE: you are giving them the right to display your work on their site. (but obvious)

You may choose to release it to Creative Commons if you wish.
Other wise, the rights are all yours.
All sections of the copyright act hold good.

You may fill up the copyright form with the Indian copyright office to have a grounding in court, but otherwise all works are naturally copyrighted to author the moment they come into existence.

Read: copyright.gov.in

shaunak

Tux Fan
Not at all.

And relax, the whole world respects copyrights and intellectual properties. Its not full of plagiarists like our music industry. :rolleyes:

And if you are really paronoid, here is the copyright application form: *copyright.gov.in/copyrightregistrationform.pdf
It costs about 40/- per copyright.

PS: I hope the software you are using respects copyright, and is licensed? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom