Any way I can archive emails received in Outlook Express ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Govindaraghavan S

Right off the assembly line
Is there any way I can archive emails received in Outlook Express. I want to archive them and keep them separately in a zipped file etc. for later viewing when necessary. I find accumulation of emails in the Outlook Express slows down the utility .. But I would like to keep all the old emails.. Any solution ?

blacklight

Journeyman
no prathap_lab ,he was referring to saving mails within outlook.

i guess i can help u there ...
First of all,u said lot of mails are slowing u down,so enable a feature called AutoArchive in outlook .Go to tools->options->other- select AutoArchive.

Alternately,if u want to backup all ur mails,then search ur hard drive for a file called mails.pst .u culd copy that file to another location.and when u want to retreive any mail,just point outlook to that location.

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are 2 things here. Do you want to save separate emails or the entire folders?

If you want to simple save the individual emails. Here's what you can do.

- Open Outlook Express (OE) and Windows Explorer (WE). Let those be the only two windows.
- Now right click on task bar and say tile windows horizontally.
- In WE, select the folder where you want to save the emails.
- In OE, select the mails, drag them with mouse and drop them in the WE window :)
- Now all mails will be saved as separate files with .eml extension.

If you want to save the entire folders, here's a step by step guide with screen shots on what to do :) Remember, you have to take back up of at least 3 things if you want complete backup of OE. Or else just save the mail folders.

OP
G

Govindaraghavan S

Right off the assembly line
How to archive mails in Incredimail ?

tuxfan said:
There are 2 things here. Do you want to save separate emails or the entire folders?

If you want to simple save the individual emails. Here's what you can do.

- Open Outlook Express (OE) and Windows Explorer (WE). Let those be the only two windows.
- Now right click on task bar and say tile windows horizontally.
- In WE, select the folder where you want to save the emails.
- In OE, select the mails, drag them with mouse and drop them in the WE window :)
- Now all mails will be saved as separate files with .eml extension.

If you want to save the entire folders, here's a step by step guide with screen shots on what to do :) Remember, you have to take back up of at least 3 things if you want complete backup of OE. Or else just save the mail folders.

Thanks to every one who has replied in response to my query..
I am glad to say that the step by step guide detailed above, which was suggested by some other members also, helped ..
One more question: Does any one know if there is some way to similarly archive mails in the free version of Incredimail ? Or is this too much to ask ? :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Glad to be of some help. This step by step guide has been made by me :) I used to get this query from people (friends, relatives and other forums ;)) so often, that I chose to make this.

As for Incredimail, I haven't made any such steps simply because I have never used Incredimail nor have people come to me at lease with this problem. Why don't you take a search at Google for the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom