Any telnet Genius Around Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepsan

Broken In
Dear sir,
I do have two computer both OS win(98 and 2000) one at home and other at office my office has cable net connection so my computer is always on so is internet
what i want i ascess the office computer through net from home computer
through telnet
well as i use cable connection its says its dynamically assigns ip then where can i find ip
(i got one when i type ipconfig on command prompt but i guess that is not what is required)
so Could any body tell me teach me help me to understand how it can be done
when i run and type telnet with that ip i have found with ipconfig its says connecting for some time ..........
then nothings happens just vanishes
i know port of telnet is 23 net is 80
can some body please help
and i have heard that i need to know the password of remote computer is it the password i use to enter the windows in remote computer
Sir,Please help @ i think i would be more than grate ful for that
your faithfully,
Sanjay Frank
Hoping for reply from convienient and genius users

diab0lic666

Broken In
i use cable connection its says its dynamically assigns ip

I think cable connection provide static IP only.

i got one when i type ipconfig on command prompt but i guess that is not what is required)
so Could any body tell me teach me help me to understand how it can be done

IPCONFIG gonna show you internal IP only. Go here www.whatismyip.com to know your external IP

i know port of telnet is 23 net is 80

There is nothing like net port. 80 is http port.

I dont think you can share your computers through telnet :roll: Correct e if i am wrong. please provide us detailed info so that we can understand you problem better. Let us know if both your home computer are on same network (i mean LAN) what kinda connection you have at home..damn i just woke up so writing this all in half sleep so forgive me if i hv commited any mistake. i gotta brush now. laterz..

digen

Youngling
If you just want a remote connection between your home & office computer then you could use a remote control software such as Virtual Network Computing[VNC].

*www.realvnc.com/what.html

OP
N

nepsan

Broken In
Ok ,Actually thanks for reply.
Well my English use to be all right before i started visiting to these mordern forum so it just got in to me as well so i used net instead of hhtp protocal.
I guess it is endangering what i have learned up to now. i have been hearin g that Telnet is use to connect remote client and so on even microsoft web says so.
Any way about confussion My computer are not on same network .Of course it is if we consider internet networking .
I wan to connect both machine slaves thorough(i guess i am not right) through internet thrugh that Ip
By the way thanks i got my ip
well then i think every body got my problem.
so hope that my problem is going to slove soon
hope so.
Your faithfully
Sanjay Frank

girish_b

Journeyman
Go to run window and type Telnet..instead of going to the windows directory..
this will bring a dos version of Telnet,and not athe gui software.
using help you can use
get some port scanners.. ( you can find them searckhing on google.Most of the hacker's sites have this). It'll be very useful for you when you are connecting to the different ports of a remote system

*www.computerhope.com/software/telnet.htm

OP
N

nepsan

Broken In
Well many answe none i think Exact as i need
Well i did all that but what i receive is
Could not open connection to..
Is my computer mad and bahaving so
i dont have any idea
still can any body have better suggestion help
please
Frank

girish_b

Journeyman
use port scanners..
they can be found in hacker's websites..
try this
*www.hackersplayground.org/tools.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom