Any suggestions for basic FM phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacchan

Right off the assembly line
Hello friends,

I need a basic, entry-level phone with FM. My budget is maximum Rs.3000/-. Do not need a camera, MP3, Bluetooth, and other fancies.
Features in decreasing order of preference are:
- FM radio (stereo)
- Decent to good battery (at least 2-3 days w/o charging)
- Good reception outside city
- Alarm
- Vibration mode
- Handsfree/speaker
- PC connection (USB)
- Stopwatch

Any views/reviews about the Radiomoto W209. Seems pretty close to what I want but doesn't have USB and not sure about its outside-city reception.

TIA

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
If you extend your budget upto 3.5k then u can get Nokia 6030.
It matches all your requirement.
It has following features
  • High-resolution color display with up to 65,536 colors (128 x 128 pixels)
  • Large, easy-to-use keypad
  • Intuitive, user-friendly interface
  • Multimedia messaging (MMS)
  • FM radio
  • Address book, calendar, and reminders
  • Xpress-on™ covers

realfan4ever

Broken In
Moto C168 has all the things other than speaker and pc conectivity. i am using it and its fultoo VFM.
I bought this fone for two things only, 250 SMSs and FM radio. And am fully satified with it.

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
6030 have MONO radio, take C168 best in its class, it lacks data connectivity, but good enough battery backup and network reception ...:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I think you can try Motorola W209 as you suggest

*indiagsm.com/viewdetails.php?pid=263&brand=Motorola

Or you can try to extend your budget a bit and get the MotoFlip W220, The new W series has the cute LED indicators on top too. And its got great FM.

*indiagsm.com/viewdetails.php?pid=68&brand=Motorola

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
moto c168 is what i suggest. the reception is very good. a slim phone and well within ur budget. do not buy 6030, its got mono fm. but disadvantage wid c168 is that there's no pc connectivity (why wud u need it anyway?)

casual_gamer

In the zone
Even i have the same requirement as the topic starter, as someone stole my Nokia 1108 in bus. I have zeroed in on SE J230i as it also has a speaker phone. I was also considering Radiomoto W209, but it does'nt have gprs.
Shall i get se j230i?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
j230i is a good choice. but be forewarned that it doesn't haf an in built modem. meaning, tho u can use the net on phone, u can't connect it to ur pc and browse!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
heard that J230i have memory problem, i.e. if you open SIM then all message ( some times all contacts also ) in phone memory will be erased , dont know its true or not....

nix

acutally the motorola W208, W209 seem to be quite good...problem is they are released newly and no one has written a complete review yet...no one knows how it performs...so i suggest you wait for some time until these two sets are reviewed and then make a choice...

btw, if anyone have use either of those two sets (W208, W209), please give ur opinions on them...

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^Both lacks GPRS, Motorola claiming that it features long battery life......

Got that info from Motorola AD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom