Any sign of coming price drops in HW or internet - election or anything that effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, am looking to buy a new pc. Can wait for some time ( a month and a half max ) if any relevant news gonna effect any price changes. I heard somewhere else that now that elections are over, there wud be atleast some improvement in both hardware and internet packages prices (Better speeds over current prices or else prices lowered).

Is there any good time coming in recent future ? Could be any news concerned.
If yes, what should we expect and whats the time frame ? For HW prices and internet.

surinder

Tech addict
Re: Any sign of coming price drops in HW or internet - election or anything that effe

yes this 31st June all the hardware prices are going to slashed by at least 80%:grin:

sorry just kidding OK look the best time to buy computer hardware is when you can't do without because prices tend to come down or better technology is going to get available every next day.

It is very fast moving industry and today's cutting edge technology going to get obsolete in very few months or a product which was costing 50K few months back and you proudly purchased it for 15K today just because you felt it is so cheap but with no requirement then you are going to get sad when after few days or weeks it will going to get for 5K or much better product get available.

My point is purchase computer hardware when you most required.

OP
X

XtremeFuturistic

Broken In
Re: Any sign of coming price drops in HW or internet - election or anything that effe

I expected that answer for sure, but realistically i tell u one thing, if i am gonna buy a whole new pc once in a year, i am gonna buy it when anything's gonna hit well. Like i said, its time to get one, but i can wait for a month n half, so neither i am goin quick nor slow. Its about if anythin good, why not do it on (the good) time ?

acewin

Point Blanc

sure, ruppee is getting stronger against dollar if it goes good the prices will go down almost 8-10% IMO(4-5 ruppee per dollar) or more.

Also there will certainly be alot price slashing in international market, when phenom II 955 BE came 940 BE costs went down by almost 2K. Intel proccy prices also went for C2D proccies when i7 came, but c2D prices did not change much, their prices changed only when a new C2D proccy got launched as of now when C2D E7400 price after C2D E7500 came.
Mobo prices havent changed much, but their have been drastic fall in prices of gfx card.
With time and moore's law :D, prices will certainly go down otherwise computer hardware will be replaced by alot better option in same price.

surinder

Tech addict

You said "if i am gonna buy a whole new pc once in a year, i am gonna buy it when anything's gonna hit well"

No you don't need to buy a whole new PC once a year no matter what do you do on it only few specs here and there should be changed only if most required or you have bad habit of keeping your system updated for flaunt value then it is an endless race.

"Hit well" is your call but I think if you don't require the particular item on its "hit well" don't get it use your existing item instead up till you need better equipped. That way first you used your existing item's full potential and got value for your bucks and secondly you can reach to its next "hit well" even if not chances you are going to have better deal offered then its skipped "hit well".

Last edited:
OP
X

XtremeFuturistic

Broken In

i think u got that better than me, hah. see, once a year technology changes that much that u want to get a new system after some time. and its crap that u buy a part now after waiting long just to see its not gonna be good for next a year and a half. so i buy the best for buck and for that i got to know the right time. and if u mind ur own business, i have other things to think on.

Got it crappy blah ?

surinder

Tech addict

I think this section of forum is for queries and suggestions on hardware confusions and if you had built your mind well and clear before starting this thread then why are you wasting yours and others time.Because its not necessary that all the members here are having same approach on things as yours so if you can't listen them don't ask.

Or is it for you letting us know that you are going to buy a new PC in a month and half time? Then you better post in "Post your latest Purchase" section after making your purchase.BTW I let you know although I'm not an assembler I'm going to assemble at least five PCs for my friends during that period and I don't hit drums for that ordinary fact.

OK go to heaven.

Last edited:
OP
X

XtremeFuturistic

Broken In

Any news on when Phenom II X2 550 BE and Athlon II X2 250 is going to be available in delhi ? and at what prices. That would mean some changes in prices of all cpus - Intel n Amd.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

i honestly don't see much of price change for atleast a month or two...prices seem more or less stable right now...it depends on various factors like dollar/ruppee & the demand/supply...Regarding the broadband,i heard the govt wants to increase connectivity to rural areas...Not price drops,govt doesn't control broadband prices much or for any hardware unless govt makes changes to the tax rules...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom