Any SE user using aac music files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
I have a SE Z550i, just wanted to know that since it supports aac , does this format has any difference in comparison over mp3's. Can anyone also suggest me a free and small software 4 coverting mp3 to aac?

THANKS!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Indeed. AAC is far better than MP3. It takes less space and with gr8 quality. ;)
U can use iTunes to convert MP3/Wav files into AAC.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
most ppl wud haf nero suite installed. u can use the nero encoder to encode files from mp3 too m4a (aac). i use a bit rate of 64kbps and it gives me a good balance between quality and size......

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
aac/mp4.. far better... if u've Nero 6.5+... u can directly encode or rip with it using it's inbuilt converter... via Nero StartSmart
I always use that.

R

rake

Just user nero encoder or Quicktime or iTunes to convert your mp3 to first wave & then from wave to mp4.

For transparent audio quality use 128kbps mp4/aac

64kbps mp4 gives quality equivalent to 128kbps mp3. However the quality also depends on your choice, so try both.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
I use ACC on my K800i. Its quality is better than MP3. And I use iTunes to convet them.

As you can see I'm not saying anything new. Just added another vote for ACC. Go for ACC and see the difference.

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
iTunes is very easy and provide excellent quality. Here is the procedure to convert MP3/Wav files into aac/m4a :

1. Open the .MP3/Wav file in iTunes ( File -> Add file to library )
2. Now goto: Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Importing and select AAC Encoder in the Import Using drop-down box! ( Here u can also set the Bitrates, etc accordoing to ur requirements), then click on OK.
3. Now right-click on the .MP3/Wav file and select Convert Selection to AAC.

Thats It. :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hard_rock said:
What is best quality-size balanced bitrate in AAC. Like 128 kbps is standard for mp3. I use w610i.
64kbps is sufficent. u may try 64, 80, 96kbps and choose the best one that suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom