Any One tried joost ?? (56k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well any one started using it ??

Here is what i found ... I requested Navjot for an Invite :) as u need to have invite to join joost :)

My hardware,

E6600
P5N-E SLI
XFX 6200 128MB LE...
1GB DDR-II
17" LG CRT

Windows XP SP Pro
BSNL 9000 Business (2mbps)
DataOne Home 500 (to test what will happen with upto 2mbps)
working with 1152x864 resolution

1st thing after getting an invite is, Downloading the Joost Player !! some 10 MB is the size... pretty simple install.... After u install appliction will ask you for creating user name password etc...

Pretty nit-clean interface... Easy to understand...

Here is the Main Interface... !!!

The Playing set up

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/6693/welcomeyq8.jpg

Channel Guide

Will present 3 button, 1st One is to play the channel, press i to get Text info in the channel, and > to go in to channels Deep program search !! :)

*img241.imageshack.us/img241/2445/channelsearchsh1.jpg

Deep Program Search

*img241.imageshack.us/img241/23/deepsearchlt2.jpg

You also get Channel Catalog to search in

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/2240/catazw2.jpg

It starts with a suggested program.. or u may select channel and program of ur choice..

So hows the Quality !! Well I have to say with working with 1152x864 resolution i find quiality isnt bad at all, yes i cant expect DVD / TATA Sky quality in 2mbps but seems good...

Brightest point is, with both connection Home 500 and Business 9000 I didnt get any lag at all... played smoth...

Technology is gr8 only the Porgrams sucks :lol: didnt find any good program to watch.....

How about Bandwidth consumtion ??

I played it for all most 1 hours in Home 500 and half an hour with Business 9000, it ate up 215MB in home plan but strangely enough almost same ammount in Business 9000 but in half of the time... (Note Run firewall to make sure its only joost which is accessing the net, did monitor all activity, no other program was download :p...)

*img241.imageshack.us/img241/8766/datard1.jpg

But One more thing, its a resourse hungry application for sure... :)

*img526.imageshack.us/img526/6728/processtl1.jpg

Running with 1GB i didnt feel any pain though those who are running 256MB will face problem... (note, many Laptop users are still with 256MB RAM)

so over all view, Program, Interface and performance is very good, but lacks quality programs to keep a viewer stick with the service...

So then, what is ur view guyess ??? any one else playing it with different settings ??

------------
What Is jost ??

Request Joost Invite

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
does the content gets saved on HDD like youtube?, coz i'm on UL900 plan (256kbps) & i cant even dream of streaming content :D

btw about shows, the "Fifth Gear" has some pretty good test drives , like BMW M5 :D...

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i cant locate any playble file any where :( may be it gets deleted every time u close the application... will look deep when next time i start the appy :p

yeah, 5ft gear is a cool show :p i watched it for an hour i think :lol:

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
How ever, Invite sent to both sam9s@lycos.com and mayanks.098@gmail.com, so please invite others, when u get an active account running :)

@Indyan

It run fine on Home 500 or rather UPTO 2mbps connection !! and about content, to start with yes, it sucks :p, what I hope is Live Football of Cricket will really jump start their service...

Last edited:

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I think it's not much use for us Indians. Most of us have BSNL home500 plan with 2.5GB data limit. Even people with unlimited d/l have a 256kbps connection. How in the earth are we gonna watch streaming content?

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
There shold be a option to watch content in low quality so I and those who are on 256 kbps can watch it..

Still... Waiting for new programs like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom