Any mobile app to secure my communications?

berryjoseph

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I am looking for a mobile app that can encrypt all my chats, messages and emails and can only be seen by the receiver. i tried few, but not satisfied... Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A

amit.tiger12

Use BBM, hike (option for 128-bit encryption), Telegram, any other you found let me know..

Other than that in android device goto setting>security>encrypt phone
Best way, not tried, search google..

BTW which apps you tried?

Wickr, Threema, surespot, snapchat, dontalk, speakon, confide, bleep, HASH, ansa, stealthchat etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
You may use these guides for detailed process -
> For email go through this - Email Encryption with Android -- A Quick Start Guid
> For chats, WhatsApp now supports E2E encryption.

A

amit.tiger12

now whatsapp also supports encryption, i don't know how it works.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Do you guys have any idea whether the custom WhatsApp apps like GB, FM will support this new end to end user encryption or not?

rkraj

WhatsApp has started providing end to end encryption for user who have upgraded to their latest version. I can see following message in yellow mark as soon as I open any contact in whatsapp

"Messages you send to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Which means WhatsApp and third parties can't read or listen to them."

Do you guys have any idea whether the custom WhatsApp apps like GB, FM will support this new end to end user encryption or not?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
WhatsApp has started providing end to end encryption for user who have upgraded to their latest version. I can see following message in yellow mark as soon as I open any contact in whatsapp

"Messages you send to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. Which means WhatsApp and third parties can't read or listen to them."

Whatsapp is providing 256 bit swordfish encryption. Superb.

Soon Gmail and Facebook will follow suit in such encryption technologies. Just wait for some time...

anilkumarsahrudhi

Now whatsApp is also providing encryption. Really working nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeag i too got the same message for whatApp encryption. Thinking its safe & secure.:)

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Use Signal app. It encrypts your calls and messages with end to end encryption by using a protocol that many in the security field greatly appreciate.

Whatsapp collaborated with the creator of Signal to incorporate the latest security features in their app.

Stay away from Telegram and other apps that claim to be secure. They are not!

Also you really can't be any secure on a smartphone.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Use Signal app. It encrypts your calls and messages with end to end encryption by using a protocol that many in the security field greatly appreciate.

Whatsapp collaborated with the creator of Signal to incorporate the latest security features in their app.

Stay away from Telegram and other apps that claim to be secure. They are not!

Also you really can't be any secure on a smartphone.

source?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Damn, OP looks like another spammer! There are too many such clever ones these days.

The names themselves send my spammer alarm ringing.

aaronsteward

Hi,

You can use EnKryptonite App as well to secure your communication. I am using it personally and quite satisfied with the encryption features.

A

amit.tiger12

For email i use protonmail. Very good service..

Ok.. this is old one...

aditiaggarwal

I've featured their work before in my explanation of warrant canaries and many ... Of the most popular communication apps — BlackBerry Messenger,

Top Bottom