any completly Freeware Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Whenever I attempt to edit the files, taken from the History or Favorites, into Word Document, I cannot edit them to my satisfaction. Is there any special and completely freeware Software available for the purpose?

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
editing the files

We usually visited some websites. Such visited websites have files. These files are usually stored in History or in Favorite if we want them to be. Afterwards, we copy such files on to Word Document. We want them to be modified or changed its contents or corrected or omitted or added as we do usually such things in word document.
But we cannot do any changes or addition or ommition(in the word document) in the files taken from History or Favorite. So, should we need any software for the purpose?

If so, please inform me any completely Freeware Software for the purpose.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Editing in the word document

We usually visited some websites. Such visited websites have files. These files are usually stored in History or in Favorite if we want them to be. Afterwards, we copy such files on to Word Document. We want them to be modified or changed its contents or corrected or omitted or added as we do usually such things in word document.
But we cannot do any change, omission, addition on the files(in the word document) taken from History or Favorite. So, should we need any software for the purpose?

If so, please inform me any completely Freeware Software for the purpose.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
If I understand you correctly, here is what you could do:
1. When you open a particular webpage, use your browser to view the page source. This will give you the HTML code which you can then edit in any text editor.
2. Save the webpages completely instead of adding them as bookmarks or leaving them in history. When you save pages, you will get the HTML files also

If you want to try something that offers more features than Notepad, then try Composer from the Mozilla suite. Get the Mozilla Suite here

valtea

In the zone
i think check the links of the pictures if you feel that the pictures are not comming rightly. Otherways i cant seem to guess whare ur problem is!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well history does not store the html files completely. Often some of the images such as ads and so on are not stored and hence you will not get the complete file. My suggestion would be along what Nemesis suggested. While visiting the webpage do a File-save as and save it to some location. This will store the html and also the associated image. This file can be later edited using any standard html editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom