Any body knows about the mine sweepr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hi,

I want to play and master minesweeper. But i don't know anything about that . please tell me what the heck is mine sweeper and how to play it.

thanks in advance.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Run minesweeper and read the instructions (in help).......
wenever u play d game............try to figure ou wat d numbers say......wen u click on a cell.....it tells u hw many mines r planted round it.......try disclosing the ones with lowest figures.....dts it.....enjoy buddy!!

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003
First click a few boxes randomely (atleast thats what I do, I always start from a corner though).
It if doesnt have a mine a number will be displayed.
This number represents the no. of adjoining boxes containing mines (each box can have max 8 adj boxes so this number is always less than equal to 8).
You have to use your analytical skills now to figure out which boxes doesnt contain any mine.
If you suspect a box contains a mine flag it.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Minesweeper Solver by A.Dheeraj Kumar

*a.dheeraj.kumar.googlepages.com/mine.rar

Run Minesweeper, set board to your requirements, and run my program. Tested on Windows XP(all versions) only. Doesnt work on Vista.

PM me for the theory behind it.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
1. *www.wsdh.org/?minesweeper

2. *www.wsdh.org/content/1301/readme.txt?PHPSESSID=7e5426482b8bc4006d732f314b518db3

3. Also dont forget to check it:
*jocohp.hu/?o=user_post&id=51&l=1

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Haha, sounds pretty good, brilliant job to implement a bit of AI, really, but I'm proud of my work, and dont give a damn about others'. Took me a good while to figure out the internals of minesweeper, and I consider it a very good learning experience :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^HAHA, Thankyou.
one bit of AI again.
more?
I wasnt complimenting you, but rather the guy who did the program.

The third link sounds pretty complicated. AI and math is not really my cup of tea, so I find it greek and latin. We're supposed to have AI next year in engineering, I guess, lets see then... I dont really understand all this mumbo jumbo :p But my program is fully based on reverse engineering the game, and therefore its pretty interesting to look under the hood of the program and analyze what it does :) Atleast I find it to be :)

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
Minesweeper Solver by A.Dheeraj Kumar

*a.dheeraj.kumar.googlepages.com/mine.rar

Run Minesweeper, set board to your requirements, and run my program. Tested on Windows XP(all versions) only. Doesnt work on Vista.

PM me for the theory behind it.

Lol, nothing is new in it.
just searching on google provides me a lot of solver.
looks you also copied from someone.
because all of the solver only applicable on xp and previous versions.
And You are also doing the same.
can you give me
mansweeper solver for vista?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ There may be nothing new dude, but Im still proud of my work!!! Try doing something by yourself, and you'll feel the same :)

You saying I copied from someone because all solvers work only on xp and previous? sheesh! what a reasoning! this may be similar to other software, so the idea may be copied, but the program itself is not. Get that? There are so many video conversion utilities available, different names, same task. Similar to that.

I dont have vista currently, and I've been informed that minesweeper on vista looks and plays completely different. I'd like to inspect that when I change to vista. I'm a XP fan through and through :) I'll change to vista when SP2 gets released.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Indyan, you would be better of starting somewhere in the middle rather than the corners.

Dheeraj, till now I have noticed that the mine doesn't explode in the first click on vista.

Most Wanted

In a New flavour
^^ There may be nothing new dude, but Im still proud of my work!!! Try doing something by yourself, and you'll feel the same :)

You saying I copied from someone because all solvers work only on xp and previous? sheesh! what a reasoning! this may be similar to other software, so the idea may be copied, but the program itself is not. Get that? There are so many video conversion utilities available, different names, same task. Similar to that.

I dont have vista currently, and I've been informed that minesweeper on vista looks and plays completely different. I'd like to inspect that when I change to vista. I'm a XP fan through and through :) I'll change to vista when SP2 gets released.

BTW good story.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
ok...! i've got basic ideal about minesweeper after 3 years. So, now please share your experiences, tactics, tips, hints and all other stuff about this mine sweeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom