Any better alternative to Google Nexus 7?

ashusood331

Broken In
The thinner Google Nexus 7 tablet is a powerful tab which boosts good functionality. The 9 hours of HD video playback, 10 hours of browsing the web is easy too but the tablet has grown old for me & I need a good alternative for the device which can help me gain better gaming & multimedia experience. I have selected few models as mentioned below but need to find out the best one in my budget which is between 25K to 30K, which can stand to beat my last purchase. The few of them are mentioned below:
- Apple Ipad Air Retina Mini
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Or I should wait for the release of the new upcoming Google Nexus 8.

$hadow

Geek in making
Irrespective of the launch the 8 inch tab won't come soon to India . If you can wait and wait for it you can hold your purchase but if you want something soon so I would say Ipad mini is a good option.
Coz of the tablet specific apps that app store has.
The display has become very crisp after the addition of retina display. And along that I could say that the built quality would be superior to Samsung tab. Please keep in mind I haven't used or seen the tab but can imagine the quality as I have used many Sammy tablets.

pj3029

Right off the assembly line
Irrespective of the launch the 8 inch tab won't come soon to India . If you can wait and wait for it you can hold your purchase but if you want something soon so I would say Ipad mini is a good option.
The display has become very crisp after the addition of retina display. And along that I could say that the built quality would be superior to Samsung tab. Please keep in mind I haven't used or seen the tab but can imagine the quality as I have used many Sammy tablets.

Google has seen the potential of Indian market and is now releasing the devices alongside or soon after their US release(Nexus 5 for example) and Nexus 8 can provide the bump OP requires. I would suggest to wait at least until the release of Nexus 8(No harm in waiting if there are chances of a better product) and if the wait is in vain then the OP can go for iPad Mini Retina anytime. :)

OP
A

ashusood331

Broken In
I have also heard for the rumors of Google Nexus & & 10 tablets soon to be released in India & UK. But after studying the reviews I have decided to buy Apple iPad Mini but does it support better gaming as my friend is using Samsung galaxy tab3 it supports ample games which I think will not be supported in iPad. Between iOS & Android, which is better for gaming support in tablets?

$hadow

Geek in making
I would say that better not ask this question since this is a big debate topic for geeks all around the world. I prefer apple as far as app store contents are concerned coz they have a dedicated section for tablets apps. Btw choose what you feel is good for you and will suffice your needs. I am only here to give you suggestions as per your requirements. Sammy tabs are also good you can get them if you want.

I dont really see a formidable contender to the Nexus 7 if we take an "all-round" aspect to it.

For the gaming centric crowd- The nVidia Tegra Note is a considerable option, with Tegra exclusive titles and Tegra exclusive graphic effects+storing all your huge GBs of games on SD card...If you havnt been spoiled by the awesome 1080p display of other Tablets,you wouldnt mind the 720p display

The iPad Mini may seems ideal for the iOS people but the low resolution screen and the dated SoC means 2014 games will struggle on it. And no, iPad Mini retina does not come in the competition since its wayyy too expensive.
Secondly, iPAD mini cannot fit in pant pockets and jacket pockets while the Tegra Note and Nexus 7 can fit.(Im sure iPAD mini can fit in The Great Khali's pant pockets XD)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I have also heard for the rumors of Google Nexus & & 10 tablets soon to be released in India & UK. But after studying the reviews I have decided to buy Apple iPad Mini but does it support better gaming as my friend is using Samsung galaxy tab3 it supports ample games which I think will not be supported in iPad. Between iOS & Android, which is better for gaming support in tablets?

ios i guess , my ipad 2 can still run every game i throw at it like infinity blade 3 ,gta san andreas without any issues
whereas my older android tabs cant run alot of things
nexus 7 is also a great alternative

Top Bottom