Any AM4 mobo with SATA Mode as IDE?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I was going thru the specs and manuals of various Gigabyte AM4 motherboards.
At least from the manuals I infer that looks like SATA Mode as IDE is a thing of the past!

None of the manuals ( at least 5 - 6) that I referred to, seem to offer this setting in firmware. All only support either AHCI or RAID mode.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any brand AM4 board that still offers SATA mode as IDE?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least from the manuals I infer that looks like SATA Mode as IDE is a thing of the past!

None of the manuals ( at least 5 - 6) that I referred to, seem to offer this setting in firmware. All only support either AHCI or RAID mode.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any brand AM4 board that still offers SATA mode as IDE?

It's not there anymore because manufacturer and microsoft both don't want you to be able to onstall older OSes ( read xp or likewise ) nor they an you to boot a OS from fat32 / mbr. UEFI and GPT are the way to go nowadays and no one cares ( and it's not possible for a long time ) for old hardware as maintaining support for these is a great amount of timewasting work for manufacturers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not there anymore because manufacturer and microsoft both don't want you to be able to onstall older OSes ( read xp or likewise ) nor they an you to boot a OS from fat32 / mbr. UEFI and GPT are the way to go nowadays and no one cares ( and it's not possible for a long time ) for old hardware as maintaining support for these is a great amount of timewasting work for manufacturers.
One should not use XP/similar old OS now-a-days with a pc with internet connection anyway(wannacry was especially for XP users).IDE is a relic of past just like usb 1.1 & floppy disk,good riddance from consumer's point of view.Btw one can perfectly install win 7 on uefi & mbr systems even today.

Hrishi

What's the usage?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom