Any airtel MO users in Mumbai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Jatin_T said:
dude, it might get deducted all at once, and it deactivates if balance is less than 10 bucks...and the speeds are bad even on the fone!

Some 2-3 months have passed,still they have not deducted.They only deducted Rs.6 at one time.

Pratyush

Broken In
mine also... they have not deducted since the last 4 months.here, the charge is 250/month. so total of rupes 1000 gain hahaha..

If they happen to deduct in the future, i will just destroy the sim.

at the time i got the connection, there was a problem with GPRS activation on my phone and the money was cut before activation. after complaining, the problem got solved. Since then, money has not been deducted. so, very feww chances of deducting it now.

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world
^^ deductin 1000 rs is a bid thing yaar..... dont think they will do so..... may b they can start deductin 7 rs per day from now on...... nyways u r a lucky guy.... surfin net fr free....

paulgorde

Right off the assembly line
I get speeds of between 6 to 16 KBps ( Kilobytes not Kilobits )[ 48-128 Kbps ] in the Morning and 20 to 28 KBps [ 160 - 224 Kbps ] at night ... have already downloaded more than 3 GB this month ( 17 days ) I don't expect you to believe me , send me your email ID , I will send you screenshots & short video clip made using the software "Screen VidShot v2.1"
========================
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE USED:
========================
Handset = Nokia 6233
Connection = CA-53 Cable
Software = Nokia PC Suite v6.84
Distance of Airtel Tower = 700 Metres
EDGE Service = Mobile Office ( 11.5/day ) Unlimited !
Connection = Airtel Postpaid ( Corporate Connection )
Location = Pune ( ShastriNagar )
PC = AMD 3200+ / Win XP SP2 / 256 MB Ram .

vinayak_00740

Right off the assembly line
Hey i get 15 kbps speed at day time and 20-30 kbps at nite
i use mo and download through FlashGet
the most seeded torrents get downloaded at abt 35 kbps at nite via utorrent 1.8
my mmc is 1gb and i use n70me with 600mb free memory and connect thru pc suite
dont connect via OTA
create settings named mobile office and thats it u will get speed of abt 10-15kbps at day
REMEMBER to chk ur balance
it shud be abv 50rs cuz airtel mo starts shittin the speed if ur balance is low

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
I used nop for almost 4 months and sometimes they wuld cut my balance . Once in a moth or in a week or four times in a month. NOw i have activated MO from 1 week , itz better than nop seriously but charges are 2 much and they are deducting 15 rs daily but today they deducted 30 rs and at the night the speed is gud but on opera not on ie or mozilla. And i asked customer care whts the balance limit for the access he told me 50rs , but nw my balance is below tht i can use it , i think tht they have changed the limit for the access for both nop and mo :)

magnet

Youngling
if balance reaches say 14 rs......than MO is deactivated as u peeps say...suppose after 4 days u refill...will it automatically get activated???...also willl 60 rs for past 4 day will be deducted???

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Techsoft - These airtel guys cut any amount as per their liking.
I also got my 30 bucks deducted the day when i activated MO.

@Magnet - I don't have any idea about the reactivation after refilling.

expertno.1

Technomancer
mandar5 said:
Also when i try to connet thru airtel dial up icon i get connection error but when i connect thru pc suite option of CONNECT TO INTERNT it connects quickly without trouble.Sometimes all windows or web pages suddenly fail to load.Why is it so?I stay in mulund tail end of mumbai.Is there separate edge settings for n70m?
Thanks.

dude......there is an extra initialization command AT+CGDCONT which is added automatically when u use it with pc suite ...in order to use it with ur dialup connection.......go to phone and modem options ...edit ur modem (usb xx modem xx=model no. of ur phone) and go to its extra initialization command and type this

AT+CGDCONT=,,"airtelgprs.com" <cr>

thats it
now u can use the direct connection link

keep in mind :-

Reconnect the cable first b4 trying this ......thanks

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@Magnet - They will deduct even if you don't use MO.If you are not going to use it for a few days it's better to deactivate MO.

H

hac_king

pathiks said:
^^kbps obviously dude... the max connection speed of a class 10 gprs connection is only 48kbps

R u okeeee bro??? I am using SE k500i (class 10gprs) from last 1.5 year n using FREE AIRTEL GPRS FROM SAME TIME m geting even 96 kbps??:)
But normal speed is 64 to 80 .... Only one time i got only 5 to 14 kbps whn my discovery 100.1.200.211 seduced extensively...:?

expertno.1

Technomancer
hac_king said:
R u okeeee bro??? I am using SE k500i (class 10gprs) from last 1.5 year n using FREE AIRTEL GPRS FROM SAME TIME m geting even 96 kbps??:)
But normal speed is 64 to 80 .... Only one time i got only 5 to 14 kbps whn my discovery 100.1.200.211 seduced extensively...:?

yep u can get that speed if u are getting probably much more time slots than others.......

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom