Antivirus that dosen't comsume much resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
Can anyone suggest an antivirus thet does not make my PC slow but is better than NAV 2005(I use it NAV2k5 now) in detecting viruses.

I searchedx the QnA forum for "antivirus" & "anti virus" but got only 8 irrelevent results.

ashfame

Padawan
trust nav05 only

i only trust norton antivirus 2005
it will make your computer a bit slow if u hav 256MB RAM
else its a cruise

kikass

Broken In
NOD32 is the best i have used... uses the least resources.... and has never let anything through...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Clamwin ( No realtime scanner so immensly system light + free + opensource + small updates")

or try AVG free

or try avast! Home

Try Avast! ....... its free, fast and reliable!!
AVG....free, a lil bit slower, a lil bit realiable
PC Cillin.....not free, fast, NOT AT ALL reliable
Norton.....not free, SLOW, most reliable

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
what of kaspersky? certainly the best on detection plus lighter on resources than norton and mcafee for sure.
The least resource consuming is AVG, but its detection is doubtful.

ashfame

Padawan
hey guys.
i used to hav norton 2005 but due to some error i hav to uninstall it and now its refusing to reinstall.
So i adopt pc cillin internet security 2005 (i got it from my ISP)
i wanna know if its detection rate are good or i should go for some other ANTIVIRUS. I hav heard of NOD32, Avast, kaspersky.
which one is the best?
it should hav frequent updates from net and good detection rate.
kindly tell :?

tamilvendan

Broken In
Hi friends! This is about NOD32. I was using the free version of NOD32 and one fine day i found most of the files from c drive missing and there was a new folder in c drive by name "my access media" which could not be deleted. I could not bring NOD32 into action as it was not responding. I tried to uninstall NOD32 but i was unable to do it as it kept on telling me it is being used by someother programme. I tried to manually delete the files but could not do it. Then i deleted them using deletedr during startup.

There were so many windows files missing that even repair installation could not be performed. Finally i had to reinstall the xp pro os but in this process all the data got deleted.

I relied on NOD32 too much but some virus has broken it. Now i have NAV.

rahul_rks

Broken In
i am using avg antivirus and havent got a single virus in my pc since 1 year.so i would highly recommend it.

::vicky::

In the zone
Dipen01 said:
Quick Heal is also low on resources..

hey dipen how can u say that my laptop with 128 mb ram and 800 mhz processor gone so slow that when i open my computer it take 20 seconds quick heal is very heavy antivius

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
d antivirus which use less resoures hav a lower dection rate & vise versa

there is always a need to choose d right mix!!
d best way is to try ur self,experiment & then c d results.
i test all AV like this. which works fine me is avast
and also i suggest to go 4 a antivirus which is fair on resouces and good in detection rate

Dipen01

Youngling
@vicky..: well u must have turned on the system startup scan...so everytime u switch on..it scans ur registry and start up items...

so try turning it off..and see the effect..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom