Antivirus Software Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
I think you guys want to read this, virus.gr is NOT trustworthy for testing AVs....

*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=77033

If you want trustworthy test, see *www.av-comparatives.org

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
F-Secure is probably the heaviest AntiVirus! But it is very good in detection though! If you want very good detection, go for kaspersky. If you want a very light Antivirus with almost equally good detection, go for NOD32.

I use NOD32 btw.

swatkat

Technomancer
F-Secure is heavy on system resources. It uses three AV engines to scan the System. Among those three engines, one from Kaspersky. Effectively, its 3 AVs in 1.

Biplav

In the zone
wellif i am not mistaken then NOD 32 shud be one of the lightest on system with excellent detection rates.

C

cybermanas

May be you all guys should give a try to the free Avast! home edition .it is light,free and detects a large no. of viruses.

C

cybermanas

Have a look at the new virus.gr test results

*www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=69&mnu=69

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Virus.gr is very unreliable. I think someone has already pointed that out. Though Avast is a good AV software (Probably the best free AV) but its detection is around 90% whereas NOD32 and kaspersky are in the 98-99% range! *www.av-comparatives.org

Dipen01

Youngling
Well i am happy with Quick Heal. The interface of new version i.e Quick Heal 2006 (v8.0) is better than previous versions and yeah its also light as compared to many others .No idea about NOD as never used it but lighter than Mcafee,kaspersky and Norton. yeah even in case of virus detections and removal its the best antivirus ever used by me so am happy with it.

Offtrack : AVG IS WORST ANTIVIRUS I HAVE EVER USED.

It never removes any virus neither deletes the file containing virus nor let us delete or move or use that file.

BTW even Kaspersky was good but it was little heavy for my system (PIII 64 SDRAM)

go4saket

I have tried Norton Systemworks, AVG, Avast, Zone Alarm, Nod32, Quick Heal, McAfee and at last feel like Kasperskp is the best...

agnels

Live The Dream!
Avast! gives lot of false alarms too! A file reboot.exe from my Mainboard CD was labelled as virus which no other AV software did.

LegendKiller

In the zone
I think kaspersky 2006 is the best right now.See you shouldn't compare kaspersky 5 with 2006 beta.See as mentioned here norton is good but its heavy on resources very much like panda security suite.
I think as and when kas2006 is launched it will be the best available then.
As for comparitives i use virus-bulletin(virusbtn.com) which gives the popular VB100% award.

jpushkarh

Broken In
:arrow: this is reality that i am not using antivirus from 2-3 years.
with internet & lots of HDD to HDD Xfer no problems.
i tried Norton & kaspersky norton is much slows doun ur pc
but recenty i installed kav persnol pro 60 day Evl ver it also slows down my pc so i stopped its service. i got single problem partition lost so i recovered from GetDataBack NTFS :lol: fast & full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom