Anti-phishing Toolbar for Konqueror and Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
I just saw it on Gentoo Forums and looked interesting. Exact copy-paste is here for you guys.
The Open Phishing Database project is an effort to create and maintain an open database of phishing sites, in addition to providing browser extensions which utilise this database in order to provide users with a safer browsing experience.

There are currently several modules under development within the framework of the Open Phishing Database project:

* libphish is a cross-platform library to interact with the Open Phishing Database, in order to provide a consistent API which browsers and other programs can use to verify the safety and risk level of URLs.
* Anti-phishing toolbars for the Firefox and Konqueror web browsers which utilise the Open Phishing Database through the use of libphish.
Home Page: *opdb.berlios.de/
Konqueror Toolbar: *www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=37752
Firefox Toolbar: *opdb.berlios.de/download/firephish.xpi

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Checked out the firefox toolbar. It's really nice. Now, if I can just check it out on some phishing sites to know how reliable it is by now. Have any of you tried any of the toolbars, if yes how was the reliablility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom