Anti Glare Screen Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
After reading in a thread over here that CRTs are harmful for eyes, I bought an anti glare screen fro my 17' inch LG CRT. But now the condiotion of my eyes is worse. The background is reflected in the screen, thus making it difficult for me to read/focus on any text. Any ideas?

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
who advised you to buy a antiglare screen...

i think most monitors today come with green standards which means that if you dont use ANTI GLARE then also it wont harm you that much...

BUT if you want to buy then it must be a good companied as SASUNG Eye safe... that is about 1000 bucks.. and is really antiglare but the ones you get inmarket for 100-300 bucks are just FILMED PLASTICS... so USELESS

the REAL Antiglare is very good

premsharma

In the zone
shantanu_webmaster said:

i think most monitors today come with green standards which means that if you dont use ANTI GLARE then also it wont harm you that much...

BUT if you want to buy then it must be a good companied as SASUNG Eye safe... that is about 1000 bucks.. and is really antiglare but the ones you get inmarket for 100-300 bucks are just FILMED PLASTICS... so USELESS

And the real antiglare is very rare either.

shantanu

Technomancer
You can say that !!! as everyone goes for the cheap stuff.. ignoring the fact of anti glare screens....

OP
ApoorvKhatreja

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
shantanu_webmaster said:

Could you tell me what is the real anti - glare screen? And what should I look out for in an anti - glare screen?

shantanu

Technomancer
you should go for good means Branded.. like ACER , samsung ones.. the good Anti gares have real charge LED and specs.. i will PM you for some details which i will have to collect..

and you can try googling also...

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
U really need Anti Glare ??? CRT's are not that harmfull that it'll ruin ur eye .. i used a CRT myself .. and the one thing that needs to be maintained though .. u should be running it at the max resolution that support 85 Hz ..

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Reduce ur brightness and contrast. That's the best thing which you can do to avoid strain without spending extra :D :p

OP
ApoorvKhatreja

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
So you guys are saying that I should throw away my newly bought anti-glare screen?

PS - I think that the problem was just temporary. My eyes were just adjusting to the new view. It's now better and the radiations are definately reduced :) .

OP
ApoorvKhatreja

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Yes... No more problems. And my AGS may be local and cheap, but the difference is drastic. I can now sit in fromt of the monitor continuously for 3-4 hours at a stretch, without any pain in the eyes. The reflection problem is gone. Probably it was just due to a new environment.

contactram

Broken In
u can buy anti-reflection coated lenses (ARC) in a frame for around 600 bucks. it will also reduce glare while driving at night

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
ApoorvKhatreja said:
The background is reflected in the screen, thus making it difficult for me to read/focus on any text. Any ideas?

Use THICK (Non Transparent) curtain behind your Seating Chair, NO more reflection - my friend did same for last 2 yrs and now he removed Anti Glare Screen.

I just keep using my One as it really reduce Brightness and Stress to my EYE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom