Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It is a lot like Firefall

Also, Digital Extremes posted this on their FB page :D

*i.imgur.com/lH0wNHn.jpg

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Apparently the reason the reviews are bad is because the game is very monotonous and boring. There is a huge grind with a very lame explanation for it in the story. Everyone noted that it was basically a Destiny clone but inferior to Destiny in a lot of ways.
Yeah. Also reading The game was butchered by EA to come in DLC which resulted in monotonous and boring gameplay.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
More drama is that EA has been blacklisting reviewers who have been giving the game bad reviews. One of the reviewers even got blacklisted after he was paid by EA because they thought his review was still too negative.

Edit: Was waiting for Jim Sterling to do a review and here it is:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Gameplay value comes second after playing and getting the overall taste...but the huge difference between E3 & Retail version is complete let down to all AAA gamer fans.
I won't even touch this game now. This is called false advertisement.

EA should be penalized on doing this to gamers, when they show the water mark as "Actual in-game footage" but it differs a lot in a Final product.

Now many gamers started to like Ubisoft

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
How BioWare's Anthem went wrong (very long read)

Only read through half of it but key points made
1. In development since 2012, but didn't enter production till the final 12-18 months
2. Serious leadership issues at BioWare itself. Many devs leaving out of stress, burnout and mental health.
3. The E3 demo shown in 2017 was fake. Game was still in pre-production and devs only came to know the game they were making after seeing the demo.
4. Frostbite is not made for RPGs.

BioWare responding to the article, just minutes after it was published.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
One was that in 2016, the FIFA games had to move to Frostbite. The annual soccer franchise was EA’s most important series, bringing in a large chunk of the publisher’s revenue, and BioWare had programmers with Frostbite experience, so Electronic Arts shifted them to FIFA.

“A lot of the really talented engineers were actually working on FIFA when they should’ve been working on Anthem,” said one person who was on the project.

When a BioWare engineer had questions or wanted to report bugs, they’d usually have to talk to EA’s central Frostbite team, a group of support staff that worked with all of the publisher’s studios. Within EA, it was common for studios to battle for resources like the Frostbite team’s time, and BioWare would usually lose those battles. After all, role-playing games brought in a fraction of the revenue of a FIFA or a Battlefront. “The amount of support you’d get at EA on Frostbite is based on how much money your studio’s game is going to make,” said one developer.

When one is competing with FIFA's revenue one cannot simply win.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Engineers? The anthem has fail mechanics and bugs? Or it is just boring ? I thought it was creative team who had to come up with unique or exciting gameplay.

In the article, when they are saying Anthem didn't have enough engineers, which department they are talking about?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Engineers? The anthem has fail mechanics and bugs? Or it is just boring ? I thought it was creative team who had to come up with unique or exciting gameplay.

In the article, when they are saying Anthem didn't have enough engineers, which department they are talking about?

Engine and tools developers. The designers can't do anything without tools. Most of the Bioware veterans from the creative team also left Bioware. Also they had to go for an online looter shooter because EA wanted Bioware to make a game that generates revenue over time like FIFA. If they continued to make a single-player RPG they could have been successful.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This also happens in Anime, when some of the Dragon ball artists resigned the Sketches and facial expression of the characters were Bad.

Top Bottom