Another Vista Woe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmads

Journeyman
Hi all

I have been using a particular software on my desktop XP without any problem. On my laptop which has Vista, on the same program:
Clicking on the HELP button returns a mesage "MS Html Help" is not installed on this pc.
Can you comment on this and help me solve this issue.

Thanks

anandk

Distinguished Member
The Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe) program is no longer included with Windows operating systems starting with Windows Vista. But Microsoft has now updated the program WinHlp32.exe, which enabled viewing of help files stored on older .hlp file format in earlier editions of windows. this now supports Vista and can be downloaded from Microsoft, if you'd want to view 32-bit .hlp files in Vista, you must download and install this program.

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
anandk said:
The Windows Help (WinHlp32.exe) program is no longer included with Windows operating systems starting with Windows Vista. But Microsoft has now updated the program WinHlp32.exe, which enabled viewing of help files stored on older .hlp file format in earlier editions of windows. this now supports Vista and can be downloaded from Microsoft, if you'd want to view 32-bit .hlp files in Vista, you must download and install this program.

Thanks Anand..that was great a lead and will download that file tomorrow..

evewin89 said:
i think, Vista has got many problems @ present, better use XP 4 ur lappy also..

You are right about that, am realizing now after having spent money on this OS..

Hi AnandK
Canyou also give me a link to download WinHel32.exe since I am not able to download from microsoft.com
One download said its not compatible
Thanks

Last edited:

azzu

AJJU
^^ its not compatible iam sure u wud be usin Genuine Vista came with the lappy
however try googling

OP
H

harmads

Journeyman
Thanks
It is original, came pre-installed. Now I do find in the Html Help file in Windows folder and also winhlp32, wonder why they are not wrking..

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
And here is the download link
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6EBCFAD9-D3F5-4365-8070-334CD175D4BB&displaylang=en

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom