Angry Birds movie set for 1st July 2016

Flash

Lost in speed
The long discussed Angry Birds movie has officially fallen into the hands of Sony Pictures Entertainment, where the game's developer Rovio announced it's set to come out 1st July 2016. That's a Friday, so clear your calenders now.

The movie will be in 3D and is being developed, produced and financed by Rovio. Additionally, Iron Man and Despicable Me producers, David Maisel and John Cohen respectively, will be on board as well.

Sony chairpeople Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal said, "Every studio in town would love to add Angry Birds to their slate. There are few titles out there that bring this kind of excitement, brand awareness and built-in audience to the table."

After all, games in the Angry Birds franchise have been downloaded more than 1.7 billion times to date across various platforms. So of course that translates to those who want to see these fowl star in a movie.

No director or actors have been announced for the project, but here's hoping Mickey Rourke is available. As for director, well, John Woo likes filming birds in slow-motion, right?

Angry Birds movie set for 1st July 2016 • News • iPhone • Eurogamer.net

*www.4smileys.com/smileys/jumping-smileys/jumping_smiley19.gifAngry birds fans - Time to rejoice!! *www.4smileys.com/smileys/jumping-smileys/jumping_smiley19.gif

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Angry Birds is more or like "Finding Nemo", except that "Birds" are replaced by fishes, and "Egg" is replaced by NEMO.
Isn't this enough to make a movie?

Moreover, Angry Birds game is like "Harry Potter" of Game world fantasized by Children. So my assumption is it will be a HIT.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
:facepalm: now a movie.. enough of birds.. im gonna make kebabs and biryani of those birds

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie (2010) - IMDb
Already one is there.

Have you seen the graphics? Looks like DirectX 8 graphics. I mean a proper live action Warhammer 40k movie, perhaps something based on the Horus Heresy.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
0/10, would not watch.

I wish someone make a movie on the Warhammer 40k franchise.

Your wish has been served: Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, who's your favourite race? I like the Tau empire best.

EDIT: Damn didn't notice someone had responded.

I would not want a live-action film. I want some high quality 3D renders instead. I'm guessing you only play the video games? I'd love to get into the tabletop game but I'm not sure anybody else is interested.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Have you seen the graphics? Looks like DirectX 8 graphics. I mean a proper live action Warhammer 40k movie, perhaps something based on the Horus Heresy.

u mean as they did with halo......... istill loved the halo movie gives an awesome feeling after watching it and ya i liked the warhammer movie it was my introduction to warhammer franchise ........ they i played it first two games

Top Bottom