Android vs symbian vs Maemo vs winpho 7 vs iOS. Let's fight

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Zune pass. hmm. Guess what. we people in India have something better.

Google Music
Nokia Ovi Music.

And they offer lot more than 10 songs per month.

Oh, you may not be able to access Google Music from WinPho7 :)

And please oh please, start gaming when you are on the run. The battery bombs in an hour or two at the max.

Worng about the battery on my FOcus my friend :D Two days, WiFi On the whole time, Zune Pass streaming with it.

And you really have no taste if you compate Google's service to Zune Pass. 10 months to download and own. Stream as much you wnat to throughout the subscription. And, really? GOogle Music vs Zune Pass?

PS: Yeah the songs don't play on WP7

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Please tell me which phone has the largest online gaming network? Oh and which phne has the amazing Office suite support? Hint, it's not Android.

Please tell me which OS has highest growth and is spreading like wildfire and pawning those with large funny games. Hint, it's from Google.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Oh please tell me which phone can't make video calls in 2010, can't run two apps simultaneously, restricts user as if he was a toddler? Hint: Windows Phone 7!

restricts users? huh? An Apple user saying that is like Vijay Mallaya telling people that drinking is bad for health.

Multitasking, not a lot of use cases, manageable till next update. Video calls, again I'm not sure of how many teams have been able to come up with anew platfomr as awesome as WP7 in a year.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
please tell me which OS is the oldest of all, and is used by most of the people in india and does not asks you to invest more? Hint: you know.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Worng about the battery on my FOcus my friend :D Two days, WiFi On the whole time, Zune Pass streaming with it.

And you really have no taste if you compate Google's service to Zune Pass. 10 months to download and own. Stream as much you wnat to throughout the subscription. And, really? GOogle Music vs Zune Pass?

PS: Yeah the songs don't play on WP7

who cares when one has 3G with awesome data plan. No need to organize music, no need to fear losing music blah blah blah. Just stream. And trust me, streaming is the next big thing. And Nokia gives unlimited music for lifetime, not just 10 months. So, sorry, we will just pass Zune pass.

On N900's side, 32Gb storage with Transmission client :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Please tell me which OS has highest growth and is spreading like wildfire and pawning those with large funny games. Hint, it's from Google.

And how long did it take to get that momentum? Did it start selling like hot cakes from day 1? Answer that before you bring up this number/growth argument. I'm being serious on this one.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
please tell me which OS is the oldest of all, and is used by most of the people in india and does not asks you to invest more? Hint: you know.

Dude, did you not get the memo? Kids shouldn't talk when elders are talking?

and how long does the battery stay if you play a good game. Not games like sudoku.

I'm talking about FLight COntrol and NFS Underground. :) Don't just diss for the sake of it, my maemo rants are for fun, i haven't used it.

Last edited:
restricts users? huh? An Apple user saying that is like Vijay Mallaya telling people that drinking is bad for health.

Multitasking, not a lot of use cases, manageable till next update. Video calls, again I'm not sure of how many teams have been able to come up with anew platfomr as awesome as WP7 in a year.

I use Android most of the time now. Not that much of an Apple user. So, you know.. :)

By the way, how's the notification system in Windows Phone 7? General question, not related to the topic.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
who cares when one has 3G with awesome data plan. No need to organize music, no need to fear losing music blah blah blah. Just stream. And trust me, streaming is the next big thing. And Nokia gives unlimited music for lifetime, not just 10 months. So, sorry, we will just pass Zune pass.

On N900's side, 32Gb storage with Transmission client :D

Zune is desktop <-> phone <-> Xbox, streaming is the future, but Google implementation of aggregating songs from random websites isn't the best tbh.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
And how long did it take to get that momentum? Did it start selling like hot cakes from day 1? Answer that before you bring up this number/growth argument. I'm being serious on this one.

hmm.

First Release: 21 October 2008

The momentum started in the end of 2009 if I am right. two years down the line, it's already threatning Nokia's dominance. that is a really really short period. Let's see how winpho7 takes and I will ping you next year and year after that just to show that Google's approach has actually worked.

PS: if you are thinking about gaming on winpho7, you should check PSphone.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

I'm talking about FLight COntrol and NFS Underground. :) Don't just diss for the sake of it, my maemo rants are for fun, i haven't used it.

Nah, It is a curious question. my ipod touch 3G that boasted games games used to drain in an hour or two if I play games like FIFA which take lot of resources.

Zune is desktop <-> phone <-> Xbox, streaming is the future, but Google implementation of aggregating songs from random websites isn't the best tbh.

Knock knock. Even though it's pulling songs from other sites, it's working. The quality is decent, the response is good. So, as long as the service is good, I don't care from where it's coming from.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The reason for iOS devices is the cult following that Apple has. And not to forget that it was awesome experience initially and thre was no Android. Look at the picture now. iOS is losing out to Android on market share, ad revenues etc.

I do hate the Apple cult & its fanboys, but it worked in favor of making iPhone a successful platform. Which proves my point that today the ecosystem matters more then a platform or hardware.

Users in India are not much different. While those in USA are after things that glitter, users here are after things that has tagline "designed in finland". Even if young users want to move to other platforms, they are made to stick to Nokia by the 'margo generation'.

I don't find this to be the case anymore after talking or meeting the college crowed of today.

It might be a gimmick. But it has been extremely helpful for me on Maemo. Multitasking coupled with powerful hardware and awesome web browser is ........

Browser will obviously run as a separate app. Multitasking in what I said means that we should not need to run an app for twitter, one app for facebook, one app for navigation to a friend's home etc. The "People's hub" approach by WinMo 7 is a very good approach for this.

This was made to make th UI uniform across the OS. But it won't work with long lists like application menu. Some simple tweaks should do.

I find this out of context to what I said. I was talking about one app to manage your phone. I find Nokia Ovi suite better in this regard.

Zune is an app for Music & movie management, that is all what it should be. It needs to be lean & fast else it will go the way iTunes is today, a bloated application.

The only reason why S^3 is alive right now is more due to the h/w of N8 than anything else. Had Nokia put it on mid-range device first, it would've bombed real bad. There is still lot more to do for Nokia on Symbian side. But hey, MeeGo is looks damn good and that's where the future is for Nokia.

QFT. Broadcom BCM2727 & that camera FTW.

Please tell me which phone has the largest online gaming network? Oh and which phne has the amazing Office suite support? Hint, it's not Android.

That alone cannot be taken as the reason for an OS' superiority. People have different needs. For example, I don't play games on phone but SMS/talk a lot so the conversation view of SMS matters more to me then games.

About the office suite, I agree. WinMo 7 beats all other phones.

And please oh please, start gaming when you are on the run. The battery bombs in an hour or two at the max.

True, but people do play games, don't they. So for some people, it matters.

Zune pass. hmm. Guess what. we people in India have something better.

Google Music
Nokia Ovi Music.

And they offer lot more than 10 songs per month.

Zune Pass is also in India now, right? I haven't paid attention so correct me if I am wrong.

In India, we pirate music over torrents or copy from a friend. So having Zune pass or iTunes is nullified here.

Nokia Ovi music store has taken a good approach though as you can buy songs free for 1 or 2 years which is enough to get anyone addicted & after which Nokia can charge for the service as users are already hooked.

Oh please tell me which phone can't make video calls in 2010, can't run two apps simultaneously, restricts user as if he was a toddler? Hint: Windows Phone 7!

Again, why do U want to use two apps simultaneously when you have access to all your data at once place?

You did not like Palm Pre. I say there approach with Synergy for unification of SMS, Chat messages & email is still un-rivaled.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmm.

First Release: 21 October 2008

The momentum started in the end of 2009 if I am right. two years down the line, it's already threatning Nokia's dominance. that is a really really short period. Let's see how winpho7 takes and I will ping you next year and year after that just to show that Google's approach has actually worked.

PS: if you are thinking about gaming on winpho7, you should check PSphone.

I know about the PSphone and as interesting it sounds, I don't care. Xbox LIVE >> PSN. So it took approx an year? ANd you won't even give WP7 a month!

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Like I said, no personal attacks. I have lot of respect for Vamsi. He urged many old TDFers to come back to the forum. The only reason why I looked at TDF is because of Vamsi. So, Repsect! :)

Time for some work at office and meetings. I want to continue on this disucssion. Later folks :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Knock knock. Even though it's pulling songs from other sites, it's working. The quality is decent, the response is good. So, as long as the service is good, I don't care from where it's coming from.

fair enought i like to have amazingly gorgeous album arts and artist images in the bg when listening to music. So, yeah. The Google implementation is a jugaad, unlike iTunes or Zune.

Top Bottom