Android v2.3 GingerBread Update Size?

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Hi,
I bought a LG Optimus One :) , thank you guys for making me to buy it. I decided to update my LG Optimus One P500 from v2.2 to v2.3. How much is the size(MB) of GingerBread?
My connection speed is only 32KBytes/sec. So, if the size of the GingerBread is large, I will update it from office.

Please reply.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi,
I bought a LG Optimus One :) , thank you guys for making me to buy it.

congrats. how much you paid for it?

I decided to update my LG Optimus One P500 from v2.2 to v2.3. How much is the size(MB) of GingerBread?

gingerbread? custom rom or LG's gingerbread update? custom rom are around 75-80Mb. but official gingerbread is a month away.

as told my AndroidFan, official gingerbread should be 120-130Mb.

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
how much you paid for it?
Rs. 9800 :)
My Froyo ROM was around 100 MB... So, GB should be around that size...
as told my AndroidFan, official gingerbread should be 120-130Mb.
hmm,ok thanks.
but official gingerbread is a month away.
When I checked for updates in LG PC suite, it told that there is an update for the phone. Isn't that GingerBread? Also Lg told that gingerbread will be released on may, right?
Please correct me if I am wrong

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Rs. 9800 :)

hmm,ok thanks.

When I checked for updates in LG PC suite, it told that there is an update for the phone. Isn't that GingerBread? Also Lg told that gingerbread will be released on may, right?
Please correct me if I am wrong

I am on custom ROM and have no plan of going back to LG stock even if Gingerbread is released officially... I would prefer Cyanogenmod Gingerbread released by Mik or Vanilla Gingerbread by Andy... They are highly optimized and their performance is astounding...

Please do update and share with us what the version of upgrade you get...

Cheers!

OP
R

rockstarmpm

Broken In
I will update it, tonight or tomorrow.. I couldnt update today becoz of some works :( .
If it is GingerBread, I will let u know.

I have successfully updated the phone just 5 mins ago. Its not GingerBread :(.
But it is very good, that stupid touchscreen lag has been fixed, I tried playing NFS Shift and there wasnt any lag while I touch on the screen :D .

It was an update from Android 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. The size of 2.2.2 is around 129MB.

This update is very good since the touchscreen lag has been fixed, there may be more fixed, I am gonna check it :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have successfully updated the phone just 5 mins ago. Its not GingerBread :(.
But it is very good, that stupid touchscreen lag has been fixed, I tried playing NFS Shift and there wasnt any lag while I touch on the screen :D .

yes LG fixed the bug a few weeks ago & 1 XDA ROM developer has opted for the official (tweaked a bit) kernel on his rom.

It was an update from Android 2.2.1 to 2.2.2. The size of 2.2.2 is around 129MB.

actual rom is around 85-90Mb. rest of space is used up by the crapwares. bloody bollywood ji.

This update is very good since the touchscreen lag has been fixed, there may be more fixed, I am gonna check it :)

some kind of sms bug is fixed too i guess.

Top Bottom