1. Budget?
16K Max. Very Strict

2. Display type and size?
320x480 and above.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Touch

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Touch.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Front facing is needed. Rear- 5MP with 720p is needed. Autofocus is needed as well.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G, Wifi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
GPS, Games like GTA III, Kiddish Games, Swype etc. Flash player is must.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet> Small Apps> Video Playback> Games.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman, Xperia Ray.

12. Any other info that you want to share
Dropped Xperia U because of limited storage. (I store more than 6GB in my cheap Samsung Candybar :p)

Need help in deciding between Live With Walkman(LWW) and Ray.

a) Is the Ray worth the extra 2K?
b) Does the Ray experience any sort of lag compared to LWW due to its higher resolution in games or anywhere else(As they have the same CPU and GPU)?
c) Is the display in LWW very poor? Where does it stand when compared to, say HTC explorer's display?
d) Is Ray's bigger battery significantly better than that of LWW?

If there's some other device that is better than the above two, please suggest. Also, suggest only the ones with manufacturer's warranty. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Better opt for Neo V.
Apart from that Desire V is available for around 14-14.5k too, so that makes it a good buy as it is a dual sim android phone.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Ray is good . but then so is the Neo L.and i guess the Neo L being playstation certified and having a bigger screen may be better suited for gaming than the smallish ray

OP
blackedition91

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
Thanks to both of you.

Better opt for Neo V.
Apart from that Desire V is available for around 14-14.5k too, so that makes it a good buy as it is a dual sim android phone.
Neo V isn't available anywhere. Moreover, it overshoots my budget. Desire V has Adreno 200 Enhanced. Dual SIM isn't needed.

Ray is good . but then so is the Neo L.and i guess the Neo L being playstation certified and having a bigger screen may be better suited for gaming than the smallish ray
Neo L has the same hardware as Ray. Costs 18K. The screen is good. But I can live with Ray's screen.

Also, Ray is available for 15K Here.

Is the offer good enough. Shall I get it?

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Ray screen is too small for a smartphone.
Opt for 3.7" or above.
Search in more shops/stores/showrooms, I am sure you will find Neo V somewhere.
If you can't find it then can have a look at Sola too which is easily available for 18k or may be less.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@blackedition91, if u want to get ray take it from flipkart for Rs. 15750..lil costlier than the link u ve provided but safe...n ray's screen is too small..it's like my old nokia 5230...but it's a great phone...8mp exmor r sensor....no phone in that range provided such a good sensor afaik...

another phone => xperia pro...similar to neo v + 8mp exmor r sensor instead of casual 5mp + sliding qwerty keypad...although problem of keypad occurs in future but it all depends on the way of ur usage...but a great phone...

drop LWW => small screen + less ppi (means UI not crisp enough)

OP
blackedition91

blackedition91

Extreme Gamer
Ray screen is too small for a smartphone.
Opt for 3.7" or above.
Search in more shops/stores/showrooms, I am sure you will find Neo V somewhere.
If you can't find it then can have a look at Sola too which is easily available for 18k or may be less.

@blackedition91, if u want to get ray take it from flipkart for Rs. 15750..lil costlier than the link u ve provided but safe...n ray's screen is too small..it's like my old nokia 5230...but it's a great phone...8mp exmor r sensor....no phone in that range provided such a good sensor afaik...

another phone => xperia pro...similar to neo v + 8mp exmor r sensor instead of casual 5mp + sliding qwerty keypad...although problem of keypad occurs in future but it all depends on the way of ur usage...but a great phone...

drop LWW => small screen + less ppi (means UI not crisp enough)

Thanks to both of you. I too took a closer look at Ray and the screen is way too small. The width is very poor. So, I've postponed my purchase for at least a week. I'm looking at some deals on Neo V, L, X Go and Sola.

Top Bottom