Android phone's Power button is gone, how to boot now in Recovery mode

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
My Moto G4+ 's Power button just broke off and is lost.
I intend to boot the phone into recovery mode for rooting purposes, but it seems impossible as you've to hold the power button + volume buttons to do so.
As of now I am able to revive the screen by swiping on the fingerprint reader, but I have to indulge in risky things like poking toothpicks into the power button's slot to switch it on/off.
Is there any way I can do it without any hassle?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My Moto G4+ 's Power button just broke off and is lost.
I intend to boot the phone into recovery mode for rooting purposes, but it seems impossible as you've to hold the power button + volume buttons to do so.
As of now I am able to revive the screen by swiping on the fingerprint reader, but I have to indulge in risky things like poking toothpicks into the power button's slot to switch it on/off.
Is there any way I can do it without any hassle?
You can do that by using ADB shell on a PC.
If you want to DIY repair the button then:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I've lost the power button, and with it all hopes to find it in local repair stores :blush:
How do I reboot it the way I want using ADB?
rebooting in into recovery or boot loader directly from ABD For beginners

In ADB Shell type in
Code:
adb devices
This will allow you to see if your device is connected and recognized

if you want to reboot to bootloader
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

if you want recovery
Code:
adb reboot recovery

Also:
*lifehacker.com/the-most-useful-things-you-can-do-with-adb-and-fastboot-1590337225

OP
E|e<tr0|!0n

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
rebooting in into recovery or boot loader directly from ABD For beginners

Also:
*lifehacker.com/the-most-useful-things-you-can-do-with-adb-and-fastboot-1590337225
Thanks..........I got it now
By the way, will twrp's recovery labeled Moto g(2016) Motorola Moto G 2016/Moto G Plus 2016 work on my device?

Flash

Lost in speed
You could've just installed any Quick reboot apps, to boot into recovery with a single touch.

Top Bottom