Android Phone Under 15k

tan

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone, me too in the same dilemma, at last decided to go for motorola XT502 over the above two discussed.

Please let me know if my decision is good?

rsk11584

Journeyman
if anyone plan to buy samsung galaxy 551 then please sure to check swype feature before you buy my phone does not have swype, but in box its mentioned dont know where to take it ... as the univercell phone shop is long distance from my home....

vav

Broken In
HI,
i am also confuse abt this
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 or LG Optimus One P500

in specs it says O1 has higher resolution but there is no clear info abt ram and rom in o1 specs
also touch responce is big issue

can u suggest me which one should is choose?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
HI,
i am also confuse abt this
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 or LG Optimus One P500

in specs it says O1 has higher resolution but there is no clear info abt ram and rom in o1 specs

can u suggest me which one should is choose?

P550 is a much better choice. If you love qwerty, do check the Galaxy 551

phooka

Broken In
In order to make this decision , you need to have your requirements clear.

What O1 will give you

1. Better resolution screen (320 X 480 vs 240 X 400 for 551). It does make a difference in the way images, fonts, and icons look on the screen

2. Froyo 2.2 with a promise of upgrade to gingerbread 2.3

3. Higher RAM of 512 MB. Higher ROM as with froyo, compatible apps can be installed on SD card

4. Snappy performance and excellent touch screen response

What Galaxy 551 will give you

1. QWERTY keypad . No matter what the manufacturers may say, it IS easier to type using a physical keypad. Heavy texters will not find only a touchscreen fulfilling their needs

2. Samsung brand name (My 2 cents - this is a purely a perception of the Indian junta. however, resale value for a samsung phone may be higher)

I am an owner of LG O1 - all the 4 points mentioned above were important to me and QWERTY keyboard wasn't. Hence, an easy choice for me. However, everyone has to decide for himself/ herself because it is dependent on the requirement of the user. As I read on some forum - It doesnt matter how smart the phone is, the only thing that matters if it is smart enough for you.

rsk11584

Journeyman
@^^^^

rightly said, your choice should purely depend on your requirements even i had to make a hard choice between the two phones, and I choose samsung for my requirement. Choosing a samsung or LG is your personal preferrence depending on what features you give importance. Just because other choose XXX brand does not mean you should go blindly for it, even you can check out sony xperia, HTC wildfire also. In my homework first I compared

LG Optimus, HTC Wildfire, Sony Xperia Mini, Samsung Galaxy 551, and then went on shortlisting ,,,,

Another thing rightly said is indian junta go by brand name if this would have been a choice between samsung n nokia most would have given nokia as their choice, mostly it was like for indians mobile phone means nokia, such was the market capture of nokia some years ago, then ultimately many people got fed up of good old nokia and moved away from it, I dont think rarely you could find anyone who hasnt owned a nokia ,,, even yesterday my colleague also had some prob with her phone and was looking to buy a new phone. I suggested her LG optimus one so that I can see and feel how it looks as I already have galaxy 551, :razz::razz:

but her reply was,,,

I WANT ONLY NOKIA WITH 3.5 MP CAMERA AND GOOD MUSIC..

I told if you want good music and camera then go for SE,, but she was like,, I WANT ONLY NOKIA,,, :-|:-| girls girls told her then do as u wish.....

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ he he he :-D

Optimus One
RAM - 419 MB
ROM - 512 MB

I have used both galaxy 3 and optimus one, and frankly speaking I didn't felt much of a difference between their touch response.

Top Bottom