Android phone budget 10000

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
1. Budget - 10000 (Flexible by 5k)
2. Display type and size - > = 5inches.
3. Dual sim - Don't care, have a backup phone
4. Preferred choice of brand - Brand with good ASS
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - good enough for normal usage
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) - ANDROID only.
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) - any, 4G if possible
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - internet, songs & on rare occasions video clips
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - Moto G, ASUS Zenfone, ASUS Zenfone 2
10. Any other info that you want to share -
  • initially decided to buy Zenphone 2 (INR14,999) because of full HD screen & 4G connectivity. later changed the decision to
  • buy the 4GB RAM version (INR19,999). felt undecided again as i saw many negative comments about it. so, i felt like going for a cheaper one and buy a higher priced version later.
  • Zenphone 5 is in consideration but 3000 more and a better specs Zenphone 2 can be bought (with 4g).
  • Moto will be releasing LTE version soon. it is ok to wait for it?
  • Not possible to buy from Amazon as they don't deliver above 5k to my city Lucknow so no Yuphoria.
  • Buying a phone for myself after 2009 and this will be my first Android phone. Not possible to buy frequently as of now so it has to be a good one.

Last edited:

beingGamer

In the zone
I am also in search *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/191791-android-phone-mom.html
I also have similar requirements. Following are the short listed phones & their approx. prices
Might help you decide

Motorola Moto G (2nd gen) - 5.0 inches(2700mAH battery) - Rs. 10,999
LG G Pro Lite D686 - 5.5 inches(3140 mAH Battery) - Rs. 12,900
Lenovo A7000 - 5.5 inches - around 14.8k
HTC Butterfly S - 5.0 inches(3200mAH battery) - around 17k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
4. Preferred choice of brand - Brand with good ASS
that leaves only motorola,asus took around 5-6 weeks to replace phone in a city like mumbai(add 1-2 weeks more for a small city) & lenovo also seems to be no better than asus.
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...-thread-z4-z5-z6-post2229377.html#post2229377
btw according to comments,zenphone 5 has better camera than zenphone 2.

that leaves only motorola,asus took around 5-6 weeks to replace phone in a city like mumbai(add 1-2 weeks more for a small city) & lenovo also seems to be no better than asus.
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets...-thread-z4-z5-z6-post2229377.html#post2229377

I don't think so........... Zenfone 5 has same sensor as a Nexus 4 but with better lens & post processing.... Due to post processing its images tend to look good but looking carefully you can see all the noise......

Don't know from whom ASUS took camera from this.... Definitely not Sony

[MENTION=113660]vidhubhushan[/MENTION] : I would like to suggest Samsung galaxy S4, its available at 16.5k. Lollipop increased the speed of Touchwiz ROM
How about Xiaomi Mi4i ?? No sd card slot though

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=113660]vidhubhushan[/MENTION] : I would like to suggest Samsung galaxy S4, its available at 16.5k. Lollipop increased the speed of Touchwiz ROM

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

i stay at Lucknow and my long time hardware vendor has very good relations with ASUS distributor & service people (very good past experience in terms of computer parts etc.). because of this i considered ASUS.
don't know about Moto.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi has any good ASS?

isn't Galaxy S4 an outdated phone that was released 2 years back?

Get Zenphone 5 or Redmi 2.

I would like to suggest Samsung galaxy S4, its available at 16.5k. Lollipop increased the speed of Touchwiz ROM

- - - Updated - - -

Zenphone 5 or Entry level Zenphone 2? 3000 difference, 4G support. how bad is camera?

i stay at Lucknow and my long time hardware vendor has very good relations with ASUS distributor & service people (very good past experience in terms of computer parts etc.). because of this i considered ASUS.
don't know about Moto.

- - - Updated - - -

Xiaomi has any good ASS?

isn't Galaxy S4 an outdated phone that was released 2 years back?

- - - Updated - - -

Zenphone 5 or Entry level Zenphone 2? 3000 difference, 4G support. how bad is camera?

As you wanted "Brand with good ASS", that's why I suggested S4. It may not have the fastest processor for the price but still has better display & camera than competitors, has good battery life..... All in all good for normal usage ..........

Both zenfones have average camera

Xiaomi A.S.S ain't so good, but phones are good

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
As you wanted "Brand with good ASS", that's why I suggested S4. It may not have the fastest processor for the price but still has better display & camera than competitors, has good battery life..... All in all good for normal usage ..........

Both zenfones have average camera

Xiaomi A.S.S ain't so good, but phones are good

Samsung service centre here is pathetic. i have used a CDMA handset and also visited there with someone many times. i have seen that most people so called engineers are ignorant creatures and at times i have proved it to them right there by proving their logic / version incorrect by simply asking them to do what they asked me to do.

xiaomi does not has a service centre in Lucknow. nearest is in Kanpur, some 90KMS away.

the only good experience of a service centre is with Nokia and that too was enhanced when someone known to me was working with Nokia.

older Motorola experience was good only because a friend knew the owner of that centre and he instructed his Manager to simply replace whatever is creating problem. when i said battery, he gave me a new one immediately. :D the other people standing over there were crying like any thing.

*www.digit.in/forum/reviews/191404-asus-zenfone-2-review.html

gone through that. i remember what you told me when i was undecided on TPLink w8968 and it was something like - "everything will have some positive and some negative feedback about it." i knew that but you made me realize it again and i bought it. am satisfied with it completely. when i saw negative points about zenphone, i thought the same and that is why considered it. camera is not a big concern for me, i don't play any games on it but it seems there are more issues in it. it looks like at present there is only one option left and that is moto g2.

you are right,Zenfone 2 camera is really bad
I didnt believe it myself till I compared with a Moto G2 and a Zenfone 5

for camera, i will buy a lumia asap (read am able to spare money to spend on it)

- - - Updated - - -

am still undecided, thought process going on. :(

- - - Updated - - -

oops! forgot to say - Thanks friends for the help and your valuable time. really appreciate that. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Samsung service centre here is pathetic. i have used a CDMA handset and also visited there with someone many times. i have seen that most people so called engineers are ignorant creatures and at times i have proved it to them right there by proving their logic / version incorrect by simply asking them to do what they asked me to do.

xiaomi does not has a service centre in Lucknow. nearest is in Kanpur, some 90KMS away.

the only good experience of a service centre is with Nokia and that too was enhanced when someone known to me was working with Nokia.

older Motorola experience was good only because a friend knew the owner of that centre and he instructed his Manager to simply replace whatever is creating problem. when i said battery, he gave me a new one immediately. :D the other people standing over there were crying like any thing.

gone through that. i remember what you told me when i was undecided on TPLink w8968 and it was something like - "everything will have some positive and some negative feedback about it." i knew that but you made me realize it again and i bought it. am satisfied with it completely. when i saw negative points about zenphone, i thought the same and that is why considered it. camera is not a big concern for me, i don't play any games on it but it seems there are more issues in it. it looks like at present there is only one option left and that is moto g2.

for camera, i will buy a lumia asap (read am able to spare money to spend on it)

- - - Updated - - -

am still undecided, thought process going on. :(

- - - Updated - - -

oops! forgot to say - Thanks friends for the help and your valuable time. really appreciate that. :)

If camera is a priority and you want to go in for a Lumia, the 730 or even the 830 are a no brainer !! :)
Id get 730 because of better low light performance and better display(amoled)
830 if you want slightly better overall camera,ips lcd display,glance screen feature

- - - Updated - - -

xiaomi and Samsung A.S.S is pathetic,Moto is still not as bad as xiaomi and samsung but still not upto the mark
Asus and Nokia/Microsoft have the best A.S.S, the latter being unmatched till date

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
If camera is a priority and you want to go in for a Lumia, the 730 or even the 830 are a no brainer !! :)
Id get 730 because of better low light performance and better display(amoled)
830 if you want slightly better overall camera,ips lcd display,glance screen feature

- - - Updated - - -

xiaomi and Samsung A.S.S is pathetic,Moto is still not as bad as xiaomi and samsung but still not upto the mark
Asus and Nokia/Microsoft have the best A.S.S, the latter being unmatched till date

right now camera is not a priority as i don't click a lot of pics and am also not into selfies. right now i am just looking for an Android phone that i can use for some time (an year or more at least). as said earlier, i will look for Lumias / better camera phones some time later.

moto service centre has changed now so don't know about them. Asus experience is of computer hardware only and its good in that.

...and the hunt is going on :D

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
right now camera is not a priority as i don't click a lot of pics and am also not into selfies. right now i am just looking for an Android phone that i can use for some time (an year or more at least). as said earlier, i will look for Lumias / better camera phones some time later.

moto service centre has changed now so don't know about them. Asus experience is of computer hardware only and its good in that.

...and the hunt is going on :D

oh cool
Asus has good A.S.S so far touch wood

Ronnie012

Earthling
Will recommend Moto G2. The camera of Moto G2 has improved as compared to its last gen version. Plus you'll love it's stock android. It's a good hassle free phone. Go for it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Moto G2 camera isnt all that great
better than Zenfone 2 yes but not at all better than Zenfone 5

Moto G2 camera isnt all that great
better than Zenfone 2 yes but not at all better than Zenfone 5

I too agree.....
Canvas Nitro from Micromax has great camera for its price(9k), why can't ASUS just use the Sony sensor like it did with Zenfone 5?..... Many mid range phones have the IMX214 sensor

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I too agree.....
Canvas Nitro from Micromax has great camera for its price(9k), why can't ASUS just use the Sony sensor like it did with Zenfone 5?..... Many mid range phones have the IMX214 sensor

yeah actually thats the only good thing Micromax has done with the Canvas Nitro
I was also surprised by its camera performance
still doesnt make up for the poor make of the rest of the phone

Zenfone 5 was a mixed bag but it was a great phone overall

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I don't agree with the zen phone 5 camera part. If you consider it good then you should try redmi 1s. The latter has much better cam, especially front.

Top Bottom