OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
But I feel, Qualcomm is of much better quality.

you can't generalize like this..compare chip to chip .. Mediatek octa 6592 is much better than snapdragon 400 8226 , Snapdragon 200 Quad 8212 is much better than Mediatek 6582 ..

^Actually there is no difference between chip made by Qualcomm or Mediatek they uses same procedure and technique for manufacturing them People hate mediatek not for chip but for build quality and buggy roms used by Indian companies.

Regarding Mediatek
MT6732 - MediaTek

hmm you are partially correct .. there are differences .. first the GPU is obviously different , second Mediatek tends to use poor quality GPS modules to cut cost .. and third there used to be not much support until now but things are about to change ;)

CPU Process has become Same this year because qualcomm has stopped using Krait and is directly using Arm default cores.. again a proper chip to chip comparison is necessary ..

I am super damnn excited for The mediatek 6732 chip you quoted .. because it is carrying the Mali T760 Monster even if it is a Quad core configuration i suspect it would be able to beat Adreno 405 .. Waiting for it to get launched .. its not too far only 1.5 months to go . some sources say its 16 core but i don't think so as 16 core mali t760 will beat adreno 420 not at all expected at this price..

P.s - checked wikipedia it states a 2 core t760 for 6732 and a quad core for 6752

so 6732 will beat adreno 306 and 6752 will beat adreno 405

Another reason is lack of developer support arising out of not releasing proper sources.

thats the past i think .. Mediatek is moving away from a chinese /taiwanese Supplier to Global supplier

!) Sony is expected to come up with 5 Models Having mediatek CPU next year

2) Android One Programme is using Mediatek ,

and they recently released android 4.4 update for 6589 chip as well

expect much better support from mediatek this year on par with qualcomm

Last edited:
OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
MediaTek Taking Steps to Be More Open

Google to partner with MediaTek on the Android One project

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Google to spend millions to promote Android One in India

Reportedly, Google is planning to spend at least 100 crore (about 16.6 million US dollars) to help its partners advertise and sell Android One devices. This would be the first time when Google directly spends money to advertise Android phones - of course, we’re not including the Nexus series here.

India is the first country where Android One handsets will be released. According to The Economic Times, Android One smartphones should be available starting October this year, when Android and Chrome chief Sundar Pichai will visit India.

$hadow

Geek in making
The will be as this will surely integrate android even more deeply in developing countries.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"Android One smartphones should be available starting October this year,"!

Just in time, since I can't wait till march 2014 for Nexus 6. And Xiomi despite being luring is not what I wanted. :D

Top Bottom