ANDROID: Connected to Wifi, but no internet access. Please help.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hello everyone, I have an android phone. Karbonn A5. And BSNL Modem UTStarcom WA3002G4. Plan is 499 Rural combo unlimited.

Today I've activated "WLAN" from the exchange.
And the "WLAN" light is glowing now. Before it isn't.

I've searched for networks in my phone. It detects my modem and asks for password. I've entered password. And clicked "connect" in my phone.
Signal status is Excellent and speed is 54.4 Mbps. It shows all.

But after connected, when I tried to open google or any other site, it won't. I've tried playstore also. It won't.

Please please help.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hello everyone, I have an android phone. Karbonn A5. And BSNL Modem UTStarcom WA3002G4. Plan is 499 Rural combo unlimited.

Today I've activated "WLAN" from the exchange.
And the "WLAN" light is glowing now. Before it isn't.

I've searched for networks in my phone. It detects my modem and asks for password. I've entered password. And clicked "connect" in my phone.
Signal status is Excellent and speed is 54.4 Mbps. It shows all.

But after connected, when I tried to open google or any other site, it won't. I've tried playstore also. It won't.

Please please help.
Is your modem connected to the internet? I mean is the user name and password saved in that modem and is it set to PPPOE mode?

For reference, in this mode, you do not need to dial a connection from the desktop/laptop etc to use internet.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Is your modem connected to the internet? I mean is the user name and password saved in that modem and is it set to PPPOE mode?

For reference, in this mode, you do not need to dial a connection from the desktop/laptop etc to use internet.

Yeah. I'm now connected to internet via pc. SO I DON'T NEED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET? Just turn on modem and connect phone to wifi?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yeah. I'm now connected to internet via pc. SO I DON'T NEED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET? Just turn on modem and connect phone to wifi?
Wait, when you connect to internet via PC, do you just turn the modem on? Or do you have to dial a connection from desktop with your username and password?

If so, you need to reconfigure it: Configure Internet on BSNL UTStar WA3002G4 ADSL Broadband Modem - Tricks Guide

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Wait, when you connect to internet via PC, do you just turn the modem on? Or do you have to dial a connection from desktop with your username and password?

If so, you need to reconfigure it: Configure Internet on BSNL UTStar WA3002G4 ADSL Broadband Modem - Tricks Guide

2nd one. I have to dial a connection with username and password.

tkin

Back to school!!
2nd one. I have to dial a connection with username and password.
Then please follow that guide to configure your modem, and after that even when using from PC, you do not need to dial, just turn the modem on, wait for the ADSL link to get steady and a few mins later you could use it normally from the PC or via mobile, both at the same time.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Then please follow that guide to configure your modem, and after that even when using from PC, you do not need to dial, just turn the modem on, wait for the ADSL link to get steady and a few mins later you could use it normally from the PC or via mobile, both at the same time.

So just follow that guide and turn on modem. After all lights are steady, can I connect to wifi with my mobile?

Top Bottom