Android Auto-performance boost?

ManInRed

Broken In
Hello,

we all know that any / most of the android fones (atleast which is <15K in price) has a battery problem,

its seems, thats the way it is. this is due to 600 or 800Mhz and low RAM.

so, we need to keep looking at killing apps, clearing cache and clear unnecessary apps..etc..

is there any android app which runs in background that does automatically (say once in every 2 or 3 hrs) - which takes min bandwith in android fone.

BTW< my fone has 600Mhz and 256 RAM.

Thanks for your replies, suggestions. Much appreciated!

and also teh battery comes max 1 day :( - looks like a know issue?

noob

Cyborg Agent
Apps killer will even reduce your battery life.
whats your screen size and battery ratings

Mine is Samsung Galaxy S using 2.3.3 gingerbread ROM and 1500mAh battery. it lasts me max 2 days with 10% left at end of the 2nd day.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hello,

we all know that any / most of the android fones (atleast which is <15K in price) has a battery problem,

look at HTC Desire & Nexus One (made by HTC as well). no.1 in low battery backup.

its seems, thats the way it is. this is due to 600 or 800Mhz and low RAM.

how can you relate low clock speed & less ram to less backup? you should be getting more backup with a slow processor & less ram as they will require less power.

so, we need to keep looking at killing apps, clearing cache and clear unnecessary apps..etc..

100% wrong idea. kill task & they'll restart & eat more battery. clearing cache won't help in battery backup.

is there any android app which runs in background that does automatically (say once in every 2 or 3 hrs) - which takes min bandwith in android fone.

best app i know is the Human brain. use common sense & knowledge about Android. kill task will eat battery. so lower brightness to min & let task keep running. this is how i get 2.5-3days out of my Android mobile.

BTW< my fone has 600Mhz and 256 RAM.

which mobile do you have exactly?

and also teh battery comes max 1 day :( - looks like a know issue?

1day with heavy use, moderate use or hardly any use?

@ManInRed,

Try Fast Reboot instead of a task killer.

fast reboot is good if mobile is getting sluggish after running many apps. but as a tool of increasing battery backup, maybe not the best of idea.

@|\||_|:)

Broken In
Apps killer will even reduce your battery life.
whats your screen size and battery ratings

Mine is Samsung Galaxy S using 2.3.3 gingerbread ROM and 1500mAh battery. it lasts me max 2 days with 10% left at end of the 2nd day.

i just brought a 3 month old galaxy s amoled... its working on 2.2
how did you get gingerbread...
and also please suggest me some good apps regarding antivirus (if dey are needed ) and task manager... will be a great help.....
and also my laptop is not reading my phone... its doesnt recognise my phone...
( have used android just for 24 hours so i iguess u might understand how much i would be knowing abt it)....

reddead

LoSt!
i just brought a 3 month old galaxy s amoled... its working on 2.2
how did you get gingerbread...
and also please suggest me some good apps regarding antivirus (if dey are needed ) and task manager... will be a great help.....
and also my laptop is not reading my phone... its doesnt recognise my phone...
( have used android just for 24 hours so i iguess u might understand how much i would be knowing abt it)....

there are many roms available with 2.3,you should checkout xdadevelopers
you dont need to kill tasks to save battery,just reduce the brightness,disable live walls,reduce screen timeout....
install kies so that you get drivers on ur pc
BTW for how much did u get the phone

@|\||_|:)

Broken In
its a three month old handset and i got it for 18k.... (manufacturing date dec 2010)
its in the best shape one could possibly demand for...
m waiting for galaxy s2.... hope it comes in june,....
and did you get 2.3 gingerbread....
and my pc still doesnt recognise my phone e1 after i installed kies :?:
plzz help.....

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
@ Sam.
"kill task will eat battery. so lower brightness to min & let task keep running. this is how i get 2.5-3days out of my Android mobile."

your statement is very interesting. so you are tellin not to kill any tasks and let it run..

what i usually do is, Kill Tasks using Advanced Task Killer, Clear Cache, Free Memory using few android tools.

should i not do these>..i am getting maximum a day (with 1 hr of listening to songs, 1 hr of gsames, and few calls (receive and send - max 25 / day).

I have Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670.

@ManInRed,

Try Fast Reboot instead of a task killer.

Fast Reboot? couldnt find this application? canu pls tell the exact name of this app?

and i always been logged into Gmail and its chat. how to logoff? and there is no option. Otherwise, the data keeps downloadign and end up paying more money for 2G GPRS..

i think its better for me to download the apps, free books, games and then load onto the mobile.! i need to check how these needs to be done..!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ Sam.
"kill task will eat battery. so lower brightness to min & let task keep running. this is how i get 2.5-3days out of my Android mobile."

your statement is very interesting. so you are tellin not to kill any tasks and let it run..

works for me.

what i usually do is, Kill Tasks using Advanced Task Killer, Clear Cache, Free Memory using few android tools.

i just clear cache once every 2 days after browsing.

should i not do these>..i am getting maximum a day (with 1 hr of listening to songs, 1 hr of gsames, and few calls (receive and send - max 25 / day).

thats terrible battery life. i game (angry bird seasons) for 2hr, 3hrs of music, 30min call. & i get appx 2days backup.

I have Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670.

oh, then i hope its better not to complain. the battery is 1350mah & screen is 3.3". so bad battery life is common. try custom rom (if any).

Fast Reboot? couldnt find this application? canu pls tell the exact name of this app?

thats the app name. Fast Reboot.

OP
M

ManInRed

Broken In
@ Sam,

1) there are Services which keeps running. but i dont delete it..Is dat Ok?
2) Samsung Apps - Update notificaiton set to packet data..
3) Is there any apps that tells me - how mcuh amt of time that i call per day and how s received and sent thru internet...(GPRS & Data counters)..

May i know which fone you have?

Thanks very much.

Top Bottom