Android 4.4 KitKat found to be the most stable mobile operating system

masterkd

Padawan
Android 4.4 KitKat found to be the most stable mobile operating system - TalkAndroid

Please note this thread is for your information only. Please don't start a mobile OS supermacy war.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
Its not! Not at all! tonnes of bugs are still present.
Might be 4.4.3 will be the most stable one.
Leak: New Android 4.4.3 Kit Kat Update Details | Androidheadlines.com

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Thanks for the info. And I also accept that there are many bugs in 4.4.2 but still random crashes very low in 4.4.2
eager to get the 4.4.3 mainly due to mm-qcamera-daemon issue in my Nexus 5
Also afaik this build will improve battery performance as well

ankush28

Bazinga
I am too facing mm-qcamera-daemon issue on my Moto G. All bugs which are present in N5 or say N4 are also present in most KitKat based phones(From samsung, htc...).
I think after 4.4.3 update Android OS will beat iOS in stability and other aspects.(Because the current situation of iOS7, cough...)

Hope Google takes TESTING seriously in future updates!

$hadow

Geek in making
Well that camera bug update is the one I am eagerly waiting for on my nexus 5. Hope to get it soon.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
4.3 was WAY more stable than 4.4.2. I loathe my decision of upgrading from 4.3 JB! It brought that horrible vertical scrolling list lag in email apps with message preview on. Not only that, now the Lockscreen clock doesn't update / sync properly with system time, and stuck there to mislead you to no end. Some users from Europe also have reported GLONASS not working with new update! Also I am finding the HDR mode of camera focuses poorly now.
If there was a chance I would go back to JB at this instant :|

tkin

Back to school!!
In my case(LG G2), I haven't seen any improvements in stability as the 4.2.2 was very stable(no crash etc), however the battery usage has become extremely optimized, now the phone goes in deep sleep very often and standby battery consumption is almost next to nothing.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Android 4.4.3 arriving soon, features leaked online - Mobile Phone News | ThinkDigit

Here is the list of fixes that are expected to arrive in the 4.4.3 update:

Frequent data connection dropout fix
mm-qcamera-daemon crash and optimization fixes
Camera focus in regular and HDR modes fixes
Power Manager display wakelock fix
Multiple Bluetooth fixes
Fix for a random reboot
App shortcuts sometimes got removed from launcher after update
USB debugging security fix
App shortcuts security fix
Wi-Fi auto-connect fix
Other camera fixes
MMS, Email/Exchange, Calendar, People/Dialer/Contacts, DSP, IPv6, VPN fixes
Stuck in activation screen fix
Missed call LED fix
Subtitle fixes
Data usage graph fix

Romeo

Broken In
huuush ... I am waiting for the update release for my Note II :$ ... Ofcourse Android beats any phone OS in the market now :)

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
The smoothest and most bug free experience i have ever had was my ipad mini on ios 6.1.2. Since 7 has screwed things up, i have not updated :p

Prashmith

Journeyman
Nice GOT IT FIRST on my nexus 7 lol
NOT SO STABLE WITH ALLT HSE PROBLEMS I AM FACING but I got it first before rest still...heheh

ankush28

Bazinga
S3 users got trolled :D even 7K phone Moto E has KitKat.
most stable , means all mobile OS ? Even IOS ? :wink:

Yes. Recent reports says stock KitKat/JellyBean has lowest crash rate of 0.4-0.7%
"Galaxy" phones have 0.9-1.0% crash rate.

Only nexus 7 has high crash rate of 1.5%. I switched back to JellyBean finally ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom