Amp: Fiio E3 or E5

cray.x

Broken In
guys help me choose Fiio E3 or E5 i have got a pair of Meelectronics M6 and a Philips SHP2500. the volume in SHP2500 is really very less for me. whereas the M6 is working good. i have budget for both of them.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
E3 & E5 pretty much have the same performance. E5 comes with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery (charged via USB cable), while the E3 relies on standard batteries. The E5 also has a "bass boost" switch which improves the bass response.

Personally I went with E5 for the USB charging feature.

akkib89

Broken In
E3 & E5 pretty much have the same performance. E5 comes with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery (charged via USB cable), while the E3 relies on standard batteries. The E5 also has a "bass boost" switch which improves the bass response.

Personally I went with E5 for the USB charging feature.

Naturally E5 but it depends on your source. From what I know e5 is warm and will match good if you have bright sounding earphones.

akkib89

Broken In
With pc there will be no problem but I don't recommend it with defy+ because as per my knowledge amping increases noise if the inbuilt amp of your phone is not bypassed, yours' seems to be the same case. With windows you can use the wasapi plugin for amp bypassing.
*www.techpowerup.com/mobile/reviews/Head-Direct/FiiO/E3E5/1.html <---- refer this for more clearity

Amping would be useless for you mees

Last edited:
Top Bottom