AMD X2 4800 And Gigabyte K8NXP SLi Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berry

Broken In
I read in the Digit Mag that you need to do a bios update when you install the X2 4800 Processor. So do we need to go to AMD website or Gigabyte website to get the bios update? Also I'm not very good in computers so if anyone could tell me how to do the bios upgrade then I would be forever grateful.
*us.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-K8NXP-SLI.htm is this the link to the bios driver? Please tell if I'm wrong. And if it is please tell me which driver do I download and install?
One more thing..... I'm not using a floppy drive cause I need the floppy bay in front to install the processor coolers control knob. I heard you need to have a floppy drive in order to update the bios. Someone please help...... before I'm tempted to go over to the DARK SIDE (meaning having to take my comp to a technician and having to pay to get it fixed)

G

gxsaurav

u better not upgrade the BIOS yourself, if u screw it up, then u might need a new mobo, however, in case this motherboard has Dual BIOS which most High end gigabyte motherboards have, then don't worry & U can upgrade the primary BIOS

First of all, when u buy a motherboard, which is manufactured recently it already has AMD Athlon64 X2 compatible BIOS, so U better not upgrade it & check weather the motherboard has latest BIOS or not

It's better if u use @BIOS by gigabyte, a Windows OS based BIOS updating software, which is really easy & better then DOS or Q-Flash in case U don't know a lot about computers

OP
B

Berry

Broken In
Yes it has dual bios, I used to use AMD FX-57 but I gave it back to the shop where I bought it from along with dual XFX 7800gtx 256MB and got the X2 4800 and dual 7800gtx 512MB. For some time I thought that I did the wrong thing by turning in the FX-57 for the X2 4800 but I saw in the digit fast track book that the X2 4800 was recommended so it is cool with me now. Anyway we upgrade the bios through the motherboard's website and not through AMD website right?

And one more thing, if the graphic cards are too close in proximity to each other the heat from one card wont spread to the other one right? These 512 babies took so much space that I had to remove the tv tuner card just so as to make them fit. Why the heck wont the manufacturers say things like only you can only have about these many pci cards and stuff like that. The bottom 7800GTX 512 card's fan cover kinda touches the audigy 4 card at the back, since the fan moves will it damage the sound card after prolonged use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom