AMD VEGA!

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Amd vega vs nVIDIA 20 series!

I know its not out yet, there are no solid information about it yet, but I am opening this thread because I am getting excited with its day to day increased Hype!

I currently have a 1060GTX, which I need to give [ahem ahem..return] it to my brother this weekend, and so I've been looking for a graphics card now. The sure shot option for me is to get a 1070GTX, but all the Vega hype is restricting me to just go ahead and buy it. I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that the top variant would perform somewhere between 1070 and 1080, but yeah, nothing can be said for sure.

It is scheduled to be released in this quarter only (Q2 2017). I would request you guys to share any updates on Vega here if you happen to come across any :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
There is no 1060GTX or 1070GTX. Your brother lied to you.

Bit of OCD here.
Don't name the cards as you see fit

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

takop

Broken In
I know its not out yet, there are no solid information about it yet, but I am opening this thread because I am getting excited with its day to day increased Hype!

I currently have a 1060GTX, which I need to give [ahem ahem..return] it to my brother this weekend, and so I've been looking for a graphics card now. The sure shot option for me is to get a 1070GTX, but all the Vega hype is restricting me to just go ahead and buy it. I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that the top variant would perform somewhere between 1070 and 1080, but yeah, nothing can be said for sure.

It is scheduled to be released in this quarter only (Q2 2017). I would request you guys to share any updates on Vega here if you happen to come across any :)

Thanks!
Don't give...don't be stupid like me...wait for the Vega

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Vega will be below GTX 1080 perf wise. Yea, not even Ti.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Big Vega will easily be above Gtx 1080

1080 die size is 314mm , whereas most people estimating die size of vega chip that raja was holding is 450-475 mm+ atleast

now how much behind or close to 1080ti is anyone's guess as no solid info or leak is available.. but above 1080 is certain

in any case they will offer a far better performance/price .. whether that benefit comes to india or not remains to be seen..

and their is the freesync advantage as well..

Nvidia did not cut the price of 1070 too much ( from 380 $ to 350 $) , after vega they might reduce the price further to around 320$ gtx 970's price .. So there is that as well..

buying a new gpu now above 1060/480 class is a bad move

Keep your hype low though , AMD/internet is master at hyping things up and then disappointing.. :p

Ryzen has been the only exception since past 6-7 years...

So wait for benchmarks !!

Last edited:
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
lol, different perceptions!
Update: I just saw this: NVIDIA to launch next-gen Volta-based GeForce in Q3 201

nvidia is planning to launch its 20 series cards (GTX 2080 etc.) in the next quarter, this year itself!!
Damn, things are going to get rough!!

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
[MENTION=154704]billubakra[/MENTION] No man, just Q3. Well, I am going to wait for Vega and then 20 series before buying a new card. Can you? ;)

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^^

The "New 1060 " is also an old 1060 with a higher clocked speed (8 vs 9 Gbps )

speculation is that they re-branded on request from System builders

Last edited:

Darth Vader

In the zone
*cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder704/500x/71756704.jpg

Attachments

• 71756704.jpg
    71756704.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 195
OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
UPDATE: There has been a leak of details from DRM update for linux, submitted by AMD which looks like the hardware specs. of VEGA:
  • 14nm process node
  • 4 shader engines
  • 4,096 stream processors
  • 12.5 TFLOPS / 25 (FP16) TFLOPS
  • 64 render output units
  • 256 texture mapping units
  • 8 hardware threads
  • 2,048-bit memory interface
  • 8GB High Bandwidth Memory 2 (HBM2)
And here are the specs for a Radeon RX 480 graphics card:
  • 14nm process node
  • 4 shader engines
  • 2,304 stream processors
  • 5.8 TFLOPS / 5.8 (FP16) TFLOPS
  • 32 render output units
  • 144 texture mapping units
  • 4 hardware threads
  • 256-bit memory interface
  • 8GB GDDR5 memory
Source: AMD Radeon RX Vega Specs Leaked In Linux Patch - Features 4 Shader Engines, 256 TMUs & 64 ROPs

Looks like AMD is going for neck to neck against nVIDIA's 1080 - 1080ti cards! :D
Hope to see the VEGA series in reality very soon!

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
MAY 16!

is the day AMD has selected for revealing their new line of graphics cards
source: AMD Taking The Covers Off Vega, Navi & Zen+ On May 16th

Decision day for some of us who are looking for a new card.

UPDATE: It is not product launch, just a discussion on long-term CPU & graphics roadmaps for 2017 including Vega etc. :(

Last edited:

89praveen

Broken In
Hii... friends.
Look Vega will be definitely be in top teir for AMD gpu lineup..I doubt it would beat 1080ti...but it will be a solid competitor to gtx 1080 ...and we all know how good AMD's pricing are...
And their software updates. R great too.... Vega could be game. Changer as it will take full use of vulkan API...also note that Vega will be a first gpu to come with HBM2 memory..its a big deal ...
Furyx still competes good against 1070..it's only being bottleneck as it has 4 GB of HBM memory..
Monopoly is not good for us .consumers
May Vega be a game changer for AMD..

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom