AMD VEGA!

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Yaar ye Vega kab ayega?

I know I started this thread, and I was very excited for its release, but I've given up now and bought GTX 1060 for myself : GTX 1060 or 1070?

I know there was a time when I recommended you to wait for Vega before buying the graphics card, but now I think otherwise. If you are in a need of mainstream card (1080p gaming), you should not wait and get GTX 1060 or AMD 570/580. The primary reason is that there are a lot of things going in graphics card space. Technologies are being invented and companies are pushing for better VR experience, affordable 4k gaming, optimized DX12 support etc. which are currently in nascent phase. I believe there are going to be very good mid-tier cards, capable of all these things, in near future (like couple of years from now) which would be on par with high-end cards of current generation. I had the budget to go for GTX 1070 instead of 1060 but I am not seeing any point of shedding extra on high end cards at this time, as I anyways game at 1080p.
Vega is going to be costly, targeted for higher resolutions. As AMD already has RX 580 to compete with GTX 1060 in the market for 1080p gaming space, I don't think any of the Vega cards would be from the space segment. They all going to be high end cards only.
If you are into >1440p gaming and have good budget, you should wait for Vega. Else, I think its better to get 1060 or 570/580.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Eventually AMD will retire Polaris high end cards and bring Vega across the range. But when? that I don't know. Just hoping it won't take years.

Definitely looks like it, but it surely will take time (at least an year) because they have just released RX 500 series. They can't just throw it away within months, unless they face terrible sales performance which I don't think is the reality.

Top Bottom