AMD Trinity (Mobile) performance analysis

duke123

In the zone
AMD Catalyst Software suite doesnt work.the suite doesnt support 7000M series...you have to install AMD Catalyst Mobility display Driver...it supports trinity....try that it worked for me...
AMD Catalyst...

[url=*postimage.org/image/fynk8xbrz/]*s19.postimage.org/fynk8xbrz/amd_vision.jpg[/URL]

[url=*postimage.org/image/3y24874db/]*s19.postimage.org/3y24874db/wei.jpg[/URL]

Last edited:

bhupati

Broken In
Thanks for the tip, didn't knew about separate versions of catalyst.
BTW for those who want direct download link (to use with IDM) to latest 12.8 Mobility Catalyst :
*www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/12-8_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe

bhupati

Broken In
Okay, so after the 12.8 update one area which gets certainly improved is the REAL switching between APU, GPU and Dual mode. Performance update is minor but atleast dGPU is getting used exclusively (although the game still doesn't recognize it) without any activity from APU to bottleneck CPU (which happens with default drivers) thus less stutters. Also after the update dGPU is shown as '7600M Series'.
Here is the complete collection of benchmark and usage graph with the three combination.
*db.tt/LsXdychq

The result is obvious - Update drivers, disable dual mode and configure the game under 'HIGH PERFORMANCE' to get the best results.

Piyush

Lanaya
12.8 is good.
My friend just called and confirmed that he is getting better performance with 12.8.

Games he tested:

GTA 4 -->around 30 fps on med-high quality, patched 1.5

Witcher 2 EE --> around 20-25 fps on med-high quality

Deus EX HR --> 35+ fps on high quality

and a couple of more games in which I dont have any sort of interest

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@bhupati , nice job. you have done some nice benchmarking. didn't get time to go through the whole thing but looks like AMD is finally offering better drivers.

NGK

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I have brought this laptop for the first time back in July at 29K and most recently on 17-09-12 at 30.5K. I have personally brought and , Registered with HP, Created recovery media, Removed crap-ware, Backed up drivers (SWsetup folder) , Removed recovery partition, Repartitioned Drive (100GB,100GB,205GB), Installed Basic software (MPC-HC + LAV, 7Zip, Mplayer, Foobar, Waterfox, Shockwave, Adobe flash, Sumatra PDF, FDM, Burnaware, Deamon tools, Directx 2010 June, CCleaner), Configured and tuned up windows, and Setup Antivirus (Avast Home) for over 34 individual laptops between July and September. Only one another laptop (ASUS x53TA-SX096D) had sold in such unprecedented numbers from my shop. But after all that A6 and A8 Madness I have caught the AMD bug and wants to know how well the 2005AX will handle ES V: Skyrim?
I plan to sell my VAIO Laptop (Sony USA 2010 with i3 2.53GHz,8GB 1.6Ghz, 320GB Hitachi 7mm HDD) for 22k. I can get ASUS X53TA for 28K (4GB + 6650M) but HP 2005AX for only 33K (4GB+7670M). I plan to buy either based on how well Skyrim plays in it, as for now.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you can check notebookcheck's benchmark. Skyrim will run on high and if Xfire really kicks in, then even better.

rishisom

Right off the assembly line
i brought this laptop two month ago . it preform well in normal usages (below 2.3 GHz Speed) but when any application(Games) enables turbo core speed (up to 3.2 GHz) ,my laptop generates extreme heat (upto 97 degree C). Is that a normal thing for A10-4600m or my laptop have heating issue . NFS Most Wanted 2012 with medium settings perform well with out any lag but cpu temperature goes up to 97C . which not look good to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom