AMD Ryzen Build

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Congrats dear. I wish my cable management was that good. What is so special about this elite version? And how many fans did you get with the same?

vivek g delhi

Broken In
Congrats dear. I wish my cable management was that good. What is so special about this elite version? And how many fans did you get with the same?
Elite version i believe has an HDMI jack upnfront and has a magnetic addon accessory for your gaming headphones. I was looking at the elite for my build as well.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In

Thank you!

It came with 2 black fans as exhaust, the only issue i faced was that i could not put these fans as intake because they did not have the spiral on the other side where the screws go in, so the screws always got stuck half way, probably could put some force and make the spiral but dint cause that could have damaged the fan, its plastic after all. Other than that this cabinet is just amazing to work with.

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
I using it right now with RX560 and freesync enabled and there's no such lines like you say. It's just one bezeless bastard. So much beautiful to look at and work at.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

New monitor on MD, hows this compared to the LG one?

ACER KG221Q - 21.5 INCH AMD FREESYNC GAMING MONITOR (1Ms RESPONSE TIME, 75Hz REFRESH RATE, FHD TN PANEL)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
New monitor on MD, hows this compared to the LG one?

ACER KG221Q - 21.5 INCH AMD FREESYNC GAMING MONITOR (1Ms RESPONSE TIME, 75Hz REFRESH RATE, FHD TN PANEL)
It's a TN panel not an IPS panel which the LG has.
Display Panel Type Differences Defined - TN vs. IPS, PLS, VA, & More

vivek g delhi

Broken In

To add, TN panels are better suites for gaming due to faster response times, but they suffer from color shift as you rotate the panel or change your position.
If you are looking for work primarily, IPS panels are better. I do not game and all three monitors I have purcahed over last 8 years have been IPS, Two Dell Ultrasharps and One LG 4K.

Reactions: Oli

vivek g delhi

Broken In
To add, TN panels are better suites for gaming due to faster response times, but they suffer from color shift as you rotate the panel or change your position.
If you are looking for work primarily, IPS panels are better. I do not game and all three monitors I have purcahed over last 8 years have been IPS, Two Dell Ultrasharps and One LG 4K.

That said, you would ideally want to move up to 144Hz for gaming...

Reactions: Oli
OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Display Panel Type Differences Defined - TN vs. IPS, PLS, VA, & More

Hey, I got the monitor and it does look amazing. I had one question though, how do you enable freesync? I can't find it any where in the menu. I heard that you can enable freesync with nvidia card to get 75hz.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey, I got the monitor and it does look amazing. I had one question though, how do you enable freesync? I can't find it any where in the menu. I heard that you can enable freesync with nvidia card to get 75hz.
Freesync is for AMD GPUs.

vivek g delhi

Broken In
FreeSync is for AMD and nkt nVidia. nVidia has G-Sync. The nVidia technology is proprietary and so G-Sync Monitors are fewer and generally more expensive.

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Freesync is for AMD GPUs.
FreeSync is for AMD and nkt nVidia. nVidia has G-Sync. The nVidia technology is proprietary and so G-Sync Monitors are fewer and generally more expensive.

Yes, I know freesync is AMD technology but i have read across many forums that you can get 75hz with this monitor using a nvidia card if you enable freesync and change some setting in nvidia control panel.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, I know freesync is AMD technology but i have read across many forums that you can get 75hz with this monitor using a nvidia card if you enable freesync and change some setting in nvidia control panel.
I think you are talking about fast sync

Right-click anywhere on the desktop and click on “NVIDIA Control Panel” to open up the software.
Now, click on “Manage 3D settings” located in the left pane of the software.
Once done, scroll down in the right pane and click on “Vertical Sync” option. Now, choose “Fast” from the dropdown and click on “Apply” to save these settings.
Disable vsync in all games.

( Source: What is NVIDIA Fast Sync and How to Enable It | Beebom)

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
from what i know you can get monitor to function at 75hz ..

freesync will not work i.e variable refresh rate.. instead of a regular 60hz monitor it will function as a 75hz monitor with a nvidia card..

Last edited:

vivek g delhi

Broken In
True. Fast Sync is what you are looking for. You just will not get variable frame rates that FreeSync provides for

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
from what i know you can get monitor to function at 75hz ..

freesync will not work i.e variable refresh rate.. instead of a regular 60hz monitor it will function as a 75hz monitor with a nvidia card..
True. Fast Sync is what you are looking for. You just will not get variable frame rates that FreeSync provides for

Yes, but that is what i'm asking..i don't see any option in my monitors settings menu where i can enable freesync. I know that i can't get freesync advantages with nvidia card, but i'm just looking for that 75 hz and for that i need to activate freesync. But the question is how?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Did you read the above post by @SaiyanGoku?

Yes, I've done that. But what i've read on other forums is that i need to enable freesync through my monitors settings first. No matter if i have nvidia card or amd card, if my monitor can support freesync it should have an option to enable it. But i can't find it anywhere.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Enable Freesync via HDMI cable - [Solved] - Displays
It seems that you need hdmi 1.4a or above cable to enable that option.Which version hdmi cable are you using?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Enable Freesync via HDMI cable - [Solved] - Displays
It seems that you need hdmi 1.4a or above cable to enable that option.Which version hdmi cable are you using?

Using the one i got with the Monitor, but i have one more HDMI cable with me which i bought from Amazon few weeks ago.
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B014I8SSD0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll try cable tomorrow and let you know the results.

Top Bottom