AMD processor + mobo under 10k

desai_amogh

In the zone
Guys,

After this thread, am posting the same requirement but with AMD based proccy and mobo :(

tis is actually for my cousin and looking at the prices he suddenly changed his plan to go with AMD.

This is what i need:

Please suugest me an AMD processor and good mobtherboard combo for under 10K

Motherboard should have USB 3 and SATA 2. Not looking for a gaming computer but it should give good performance for things like multiple virtual machines, xvid ripping, watching blu RAY rips etc.

Also suggest a good HDD under 6 K (SATA 2 must) and RAM under 3K

Already own a Benq G2222HDL screen and alsready have kb, mouse, etc...

Thanks in Advance.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
*www.bitfang.com/gigabyte-880gm-usb3l-mother-board-pid5990/
Get this motherboard along with AMD Phenom II X4 840 (I'm assuming you are OK with a Micro ATX motherboard). It will come within 10K. The motherboard also supports AM3+ and has onboard graphics.

As for HDD, how much capacity are you looking for? Because they are in short supply right now. A basic 500GB drive I will recommend is this:

*techshop.in/store/western-digital-...-buy-online-india-p-7020.html?cPath=320_23_40

It's quite fast for it's class, very good value for money.

For RAM I recommend Corsair XMS3:
*techshop.in/store/corsair-2x2gb-16...-buy-online-india-p-6844.html?cPath=320_16_34

(Get 2x2GB, 2x4GB, etc. to avail dual channel capability for maximal performance)

Safest RAM you can get. GSKILL RipJaws is another option.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
SATA III 6gbps is useless for conventional mechanical drives which can't even cross SATA I 1.5gbps limit.only high end SSD's can take benefit of SATA II 3gbps & SATA III.to give you an idea world's fastest consumer SSD(according to SSD Ranking: The Fastest Solid State Drives - November 2011 $210 for 120gb & is not available in India at present.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
previous post went into moderation?anyway SATA III 6gbps is useless for mechanical drives which can't even cross SATA I 1.5gbps limit.only top end SSD's can cross SATA II 3gbps & costs ~$220 for 120gb.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If you are prepared to pay 1200 more, this board has all you need:

*www.bitfang.com/asus-m5a88-m-am3-amd-880g-motherboard-pid26130/

You can try cutting back on the CPU a little bit, Athlon II X4 630 or 640 should cost 500-1000 less. That way you can barely squeeze it within 11.5K (even if you consider Phenom II X4 840). Given that the RAM I have suggested is well within 2K, I think you can spend that extra 1K here to get the features you want since this board does support SATA 6Gb/s for 1200 extra rupees.

And yes, HDDs right now struggle to exceed SATA 1.5Gb/s speeds, I think SATA 6Gb/s speeds will not be needed for a long time to come. It's only a necessity for SSDs and the like.

Top Bottom