Amd phenom II X3 720 & GA-MA790GP-DS4H. Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan-04

Broken In
We'll i have almost decided to get that combo.
But its an older motherboard which is AM+ and it requires BIOS F3 to run the 720 BE but this motherboard come's with F1 i think want to know how i can update the mobo! as i dont have any amd processor's to run on it to update the BIOS!

Pls help!

OP
R

rohan-04

Broken In
No Biostar becaus i have had bad time with them in the past and am not going to want to repeat that again.Dude i am not buying it from S.P road as computer wharehouse is giving me a better deal!

OP
R

rohan-04

Broken In
MY Procee+mobo combo was 15k,and i want to over clock till abt 3.5ghz.
Will be getting a better cooler later on

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^Gigabyte 790GX mobos start from 8k I think.

Anyways,

Rohan, If you want to go beyond 3.3GHz, you better get a stable motherboard having Solid State Capacitors, which would cost around 8k

You can overclock X3 720 till 3.3GHz on stock cooling and by increasing bus speed. But after that you have to play with voltages or you need to have a bigger and better cooler. At this level, for longevity of mobo, you need one with quality capacitors and FETs.

Also, on full load at 3.5-3.7GHz, it draws

OP
R

rohan-04

Broken In
See i was mainly looking out for ASUS M4A78T-E but no body seems to have it in stock,i even contacted the tech shop guy about it

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^Gigabyte 790GX mobos start from 8k I think.

Anyways,

Rohan, If you want to go beyond 3.3GHz, you better get a stable motherboard having Solid State Capacitors, which would cost around 8k

You can overclock X3 720 till 3.3GHz on stock cooling and by increasing bus speed. But after that you have to play with voltages or you need to have a bigger and better cooler. At this level, for longevity of mobo, you need one with quality capacitors and FETs.

Also, on full load at 3.5-3.7GHz, it draws

^^+1

if u plan to overclock, get a better mobo like he said than getting a cheap Biostar 790G mobo

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you want sales and service from same vendor, you need to pay a bit more and check in Computer Warehouse (MG Road), Computer Planet and Glasgow computers (SP Road)

OP
R

rohan-04

Broken In
[Intel E5200 2.5GHz O.C'd @3.75GHz on Asus P5KPL-CM with stock cooling]

Dude is this true.if so then ill get this combo! and a cooler!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^That's an entry level solution and it won't be able to compete with X3 720 at all.

At stock speed it gives 20-40fps slower framerate in games. Yes, it can be overclocked to 3.8GHz but still it seriously lags behind Phenom II cpus.

OP
R

rohan-04

Broken In
so can you just tell me the best AMD or INTEL for gamin only comb, i have a 9600gt overclocked. K ;).
I would like to get my speed as close to 4GHZ a possible!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Clock speed is not everything.

AMD:

Phenom II X3 720: 7.5k-8k
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H: 9k orGA-MA78G-DS3H for 7k

Intel:

E8200: 8.5k
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L: 6k
MSI P45 NEO3 FR PCB 1.1: 7k (solid capacitors and shielded chokes resulting in better power management)

Among these two Phenom II X3 setup will have lot more overclocking potential and will have better performance.

Budget solution only for overclocking:

Intel:

E5200 : 3.5k
MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM: 8k
One more 9600gt: 5k-5.5k
Put two 9600GTs in SLI mode.

AMD:

Athlon 64 X2 7750+ Black Edition (unlocked multiplier): 3.5k
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinium : 9k-9.5k or Gigabyte 780G board: 4.5k (no SLI/xfire)
One more 9600gt: 5k-5.5k
Put two 9600GTs in SLI mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom