AMD Phenom II unlocking issues

dr_ashish

Broken In
hi,
i got myself a phenome x2 555be with biostar TA790GXE128M.
stock cpuz reported normal cpu details
after unlocking the third core cpuz shows the cpu as amd athlon x3 455

whats with the renaming of my cpu.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Re: Amd ii phenome unlocking issues

yeah its correct. As no phenom series has 3 cores.. so according to cores; its showing X3. Did you check the config by rightclicking the my computer?

If you unlock the last core then it will show Phenom X4

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yeah its correct. As no phenom series has 3 cores.. so according to cores; its showing X3. Did you check the config by rightclicking the my computer?

If you unlock the last core then it will show Phenom X4

well you not fully correct buddy. i put it this way. no Phenom II X3 got speed of 3.2Ghz. and as AMD going release more Athlon II X3. so one might have coincided with OP's speed i.e. 3.2Ghz tri core. so its displayed as X3 455. but still got 6Mb L3 cache.

PS: if u follow AMD's naming scheme. X3 455 should end up with speed of 3.3Ghz not 3.2Ghz.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....

how come it is showing athlon?
it should be phenom

same question.... cpuz should show it as phenom.... just like mine....

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....

& as far as i know, there is no amd phenom II*4 B55 B.E proccy.... why is it showing that in op's specs????

VarDOS

15.0 GHz

well you not fully correct buddy. i put it this way. no Phenom II X3 got speed of 3.2Ghz. and as AMD going release more Athlon II X3. so one might have coincided with OP's speed i.e. 3.2Ghz tri core. so its displayed as X3 455. but still got 6Mb L3 cache.

PS: if u follow AMD's naming scheme. X3 455 should end up with speed of 3.3Ghz not 3.2Ghz.
thanks for correcting me buddy

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

same question.... cpuz should show it as phenom.... just like mine....

rahul, please hack the p-state. and lower the voltage as you having cool & quite on. 1.232V @ 800Mhz. its a bit too much. 1V is more than enough here.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
and same is mine....

@ sam:- will do that in a week.... rite now tuitions are a big headache and UTs also going on....

jerryoblego

Right off the assembly line
in my case unlocking my remaining cores of phenom II x2 555 black edition is not safe. My computer experience troubles in detecting my computer's hard disk when I am in quad core mode

mavihs

Techie By Heart
just do stability test with prime95 to check if each core is stable or not by manually switching each core on(3rd & 4rth) one by one!

Top Bottom