AMD Mantle

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yes but seeing the upcoming games might make my gpu struggle... so was hoping if it supported Mantle then there would be considerable performance boost :D

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can always save and upgrade. I don't think Mantle would get any mainstream support before next year.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Yeaa... true that... I hope it becomes a generalized standard for all platforms. We can then have games on Ubuntu and Mac easily :D

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a high end mobile Amd card(8850M),but it uses enduro tech so mantle is not supported as of now.

Wonder how much of a performance boost will the mobile cards get....

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have a high end mobile Amd card(8850M),but it uses enduro tech so mantle is not supported as of now.

Wonder how much of a performance boost will the mobile cards get....
You only get boost if games supporting Mantle are run. As of now, only one game supports Mantle.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
You only get boost if games supporting Mantle are run. As of now, only one game supports Mantle.

Thief is also in line. They said mantle will be added soon. which makes it two :) And I am sure the count is going to increase in comnig days

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally the BIG giant is waking up :D
Updated: Microsoft Preparing To One-Up AMD's Mantle With New Version of DirectX - Forbes

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Mantle support released for thief, websites claim an improvement of 25% in performance.

Can somebody with an AMD GCN card check this ?

OP
ASHISH65

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Look at this :

Exclusive: Upcoming games to support Mantle | VideoCardz.com

As you can see the list has grown, and we have some very cool games coming. The list is divided into 3 groups: games that are released, unreleased, and games that are not yet confirmed to support Mantle, however developers have signed for private AMD beta program.Games in beta program may or may not support Mantle, but these games will be Gaming Evolved titles for sure. The third group includes GTA5, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, COD:AW and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars. Mantle support for GTA5 could be a game-changer for AMD.
While the third group has still Mantle support pending, the second group is confirmed to support new API. Here you can findStar Citizen, Sims 4, Rise of the Tomb Rider, Mass Effect or Star Wars Battlefront.
Thanks to AMD partnership with EA/DICE and Oxide Games, Mantle may finally become a real competition for DirectX. DX12 is still long way ahead, while Mantle is already here.

Top Bottom