AMD Kaveri vs. Currently Possible Configurations

sdk

Broken In
Before posting in here I was just about to fill the questionnaire for PC Configurations sub-forum to have a word of advice for my new system,but, I would like to tell you that I am extremely "In a state of shock and disbelief" after I came to know the expected 200$ price tag and anticipated performance of AMD's Kaveri APU as is being reported all over the internet. Though they(apu's) aren't rolled out yet but pls do tell what do you think about the claims that are being made about them, like , they will be shipped with BF4(that competent those apu are supposed to be).

I was planning to buy-
CPU- i5 4570k
GPU - Sapphire R9 270x 2GB OC based system with core intention of gaming(BF4, COD Ghosts and all the latest titles).
Do you guys think that Kaveri series is worth the wait?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Before posting in here I was just about to fill the questionnaire for PC Configurations sub-forum to have a word of advice for my new system,but, I would like to tell you that I am extremely "In a state of shock and disbelief" after I came to know the expected 200$ price tag and anticipated performance of AMD's Kaveri APU as is being reported all over the internet. Though they(apu's) aren't rolled out yet but pls do tell what do you think about the claims that are being made about them, like , they will be shipped with BF4(that competent those apu are supposed to be).

I was planning to buy-
CPU- i5 4570k
GPU - Sapphire R9 270x 2GB OC based system with core intention of gaming(BF4, COD Ghosts and all the latest titles).
Do you guys think that Kaveri series is worth the wait?

Buddy there is no i5 4570k but you can go for this instead:
i5 4670k -15700,
(or)
i5 4570 -13700,
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB Dual-X -15800.
Don't wait for Kaveri as they are only APu's not full fledged CPU's.

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Oh sorry, I meant 4670k :)
I have read somewhere that 4670k is more power hungry even if not overclocked, is it true??
How much difference in performance is there b/w 4570 and 4670k, and is the choice of gpu right?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have read somewhere that 4670k is more power hungry even if not overclocked, is it true??
How much difference in performance is there b/w 4570 and 4670k, and is the choice of gpu right?

i5 4670k draws more power when overclocked but the performance difference between the two are marginal. Regarding price to performance ratio between 4670k & 4570 then i5 4570 is excellent. As per the GPU is concerned Sapphire offers only 2 years of warranty where as its distributor offers 2years+ 1year labor warranty which is not enough, so you can go for Gigabyte R9 270X 2GB OC -16800 which is best compared to Asus R9 270X DirectCU II 2GB -17500. Both the Gigabyte & Asus offer full 3 years warranty.

If you want an energy efficient RIG then you can go for these:

Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,
Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H -7500,
Gigabyte R9 270X OC -16800.
TOTAL -38300.

You need to have at least 650w of PSU so if you want you can go for these PSU's:
Seasonic S12II 620 -6200,
(or)
Antec VP650P -5200,
(or)
Corsair TX650M -7500.

ASHISH65

Technomancer

> No it is true at all

> No performance difference.

Any APU will not be able to match the performance of 270x. If you want suggestions on full config, start a new thread here: PC Components / Configurations

Top Bottom