AMD FX series vs A- series???

hitesh

In the zone
@Rahul
Wait for trinity a bit. If the pricing is right , it would be great.
But if you can't wait , and want to buy now , get a g620/g630 and a 6670 (I think this should be within your budget )

But the price of a Trinity APU - say the 5800K will be around ~8k and the current pricing of socket FM2 mobos are just too much ( and AMD is recommending A85 chipset mobo with 5800K ) .. so the the whole combo will cost around ~13-15k at-least.

This is the reason why trinity might fail in India

I was just reading through the post and thought this might help me as i am looking to puchase new processor+mobo....So if i have got this right (plz correct if i am wrong) that we can crossfire a discreet GPU with that of the embedded one of the APU. Previously i thought APU would be useless for me as i already have a discreet GPU (HD5670). Could any one please tell whether i would be able to do this with HD5670. And so in conclusion would it be worth waiting for trinity or should i go ahead and purchase suggested combo of Intel Core i5 2500 + Intel DH67BL. Oh and by the way my budget is 15k so if any better suggestion i would be very much greatfull.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
if your budget is 15k for only processor and mobo then go ahead and buy i5 and dh67 as you already have it.
and about your inquiry yes you can pair your 5670 with the igp of llano.trinity has better graphics performance when compared to llano about 25-30% more.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
if your budget is 15k for only processor and mobo then go ahead and buy i5 and dh67 as you already have it.
and about your inquiry yes you can pair your 5670 with the igp of llano.trinity has better graphics performance when compared to llano about 25-30% more.

you better read this ;-)

there is a somewhat complicated set of compatibility requirements that need to be addressed before Radeon Dual Graphics will work with A-series APUs. In short, the graphics controllers on the A8 (HD 6550D IGP) and A6-series (HD 6530D IGP) processors are compatible with any AMD graphics card based off of the Turks and Caicos cores (HD 6670, HD 6570 and HD 6450) while the HD 6410D IGP in the A4 branded APUs will only work with the HD 6450 and HD 6350 cards. The E2 series APUs aren’t compatible with Dual Graphics due to their entry level market positioning.

and talking about Trinity - well, the APus gfx core has improved but same can't be said about the compatibility.

Top Bottom