soyab0007

In the zone
I want to change my config from intel to amd
my config was intel dual core 1.6ghz
gigabyte g31m s2l
1gb transcend ram 800 mhz
1 gb dynet ram 667 mhz
i ball 400w psu..
please suggest me a good value for money mo + proccy within range of Rs 7000. can increase my budget
if get a good one...

Krow

Crowman
You can upgrade your rig by selling of those two RAM sticks and getting 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz. Buy Intel Core 2 Quad proccy instead of AMD rig. It will be better for you as your mobo is pretty good.

Alternate AMD config:
Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.5k OR Phenom II X2 550BE @ 5.3k
Biostar TA785GE 128M @ 4.2k
This is the most VFM.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Agree with above post :)

You wont really upgrade too much in 7k, you'd need to buy RAM anyway, dont stick with the dynet ram, get another same transcend stick... and probably a good PSU
(i ball psu :| I am 100% unsure of its performance)
Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz 5.5k
Phenom II X2 550BE @ 5.3k
Just remember in the above choices that AMD Athlon X4 is a guaranteed quad core while the X2 550BE "can" be unlocked to four cores, of which the stability and even unlocking isnt guaranteed. However if are able to unlock it sucessfully and its stable then its your lucky day :D !

Both are very good VFM proccys :p

Oh and please try to invest in a good PSU :( you wouldn't want the iball PSU to fail and damage the system.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Agree with Xeno. Go for A II X4 620. Mobo could be Biostar 785, but its availability is scarce, so you can even go for 790.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
^ Yep 785 or 790 is the variants to go for,
@ saqib, seems that lynx india has some good choices both in the 790 / 785 chipset category for Biostar.

@soyab
since you're in a tight budget, here goes

790 Chipset based
Biostar TA790GXBE - 4.5k
Biostar TA790GX 128M - 5.5k

785 Chipset based
Biostar A785GE -3.2k
Biostar TA785GE 128M - 4.2k

I'd say either go for the Biostar TA785GE 128M / TA790GX 128M
Both have additional 128MB Sideport memory so onboard graphics on both these boards will be pretty good enough to do with until you have a reasonable budget for a GPU (if you will need it, that is.)

Couple the Athlon II X4 with any of the above two boards, get a 2GB stick from transcend , share 512MB with the VRAM so you'll have 512+128 = 640MB of onboard gpu RAM.

1.5GB RAM which will be usable for system memory will be more than enough for XP 32bit to run most of the stuff you'd do.

So here's your strategy:-
AMD Athlon X4 = 5,400 /-
Biostar TA785GE 128M -k= 4,300 /-
2GB Ram (Corsair, Kingston, Transcend) = 1,800/-
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W = 3,500/- (a good 80+ rated PSU is recommended )

Total = 15-16,000. (at most)
Sell off your older motherboard, CPU , RAM for around 6-7k , add in more budget, get this good config. Only -ve point is that these are AM2+ boards so it wont support DDR3 RAM (although the processor will so you can always get another motherboard, DDR3 RAM later on and plug in the processor )

If you can't upsize your budget that much, then seriously, wait for a while till you can,
then go for a AM3 socket motherboard, DDR3 RAM and one of the CPU from above. Prices will fall and budget AM3 boards will be in the market. Not much choice if you are going in for AM3 based motherboards right now.

Currently most of the AM3 motherboards available are above 6k

Here's my config , bought just 11 days ago.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 (2.6 Ghz) = 5.4k
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO (785G Chipset)= 6.9k
Transcend 2GB DDR3 Value RAM = 2.5k
Coolermaster Real Power Pro 460W= 3.5k
-----------------------------------------------------
Total :- 18.3k.

Also, its better not to have a moderately good system coupled with a PSU that cannot deliver. Today's processors and components demand more power at a steady rate. Many examples are there where a cheap PSU killed the system.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ Xeno No offence mate, but please don't colour your posts or increase the font size. It becomes a pain to read. You may use bold, but sparsely. Especially in long posts, please don't use any effects as I was put off while reading your post and couldn't even hold my attention long enough to read it. So, please edit the above post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom