AMD Cheats or wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
jeba the fsb is in 133mhz.but still i have the problem.The options also show 166mhz.Can i increse to 166 or it might suck me?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Hmm.... I am not sure buddy.
I don't want to u to screw up ur processor. ;) why don't to ask a proffesional help. People say a thousand words including me. So it's up you. ;)
..:: peace ::..
jeba

aadipa

Padawan
don't increase it to 166 MHz unless u have a Athlon XP Barton Core wich operates on 333 MHz

Barton are 2400+ upwords but popular are 2600+.
with 2400+ u must be having older core @ 266 MHz

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
thzx pals now i'm working with 133 mhz...increased the virtual memory...same 128 RAM..and i get satisfactoric performance.BUT i am not able to play any games.The graphics is good and the games start goog well.But all of sudden they freeze and i have to reboot.This is happening with all latest games

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hey Guyz.....u r right.....AMD Athlon XP 2800+ means performance equal to P4 2.8Ghz........Mine one showing 2.09Ghz for 2800+.........But with Windows Xp it works with rocket speed....(includes games too.....)

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
I have the longhorn beta version.Can i upgrade my win98 and work or will it still reduce my speed?

premrajeev

Journeyman
HERE IS YOUR ANSWERS

u must be having an onboard gpu,which shares ram from the system memory.so consider the gpu share 32mb of sys ram,then ur effective ram will be 128-32 =96mb.

u must upgrade immediately as 128mb is the minimum requirement to run most games,even winxp.else u can go for an agp, gforce fx5200 w/128mb videoram is available for 2500.i suggest u must have 256mb minimum ram,as u have a decent processor.else u will have bottlenecs.
so it's vice to invest in a decent ramstic, which will cost u rs 1000 (for another128mb ddr)

now, dont upgrade to longhorn , u better go or windows XP. it is much better and stable than win98.and it looks and works better also.

the probs with the games may be of ::

1. overheating / check processor heat/mobocipset heat immediately after the crash. This can be done in bios system health status.

2.if everything is ok, thn it's ur onboard gpu..via/s3 integrated solutions cant play new games at all...so invest in an agp if u play games.

if it's an nforce chipset, that should play most games, still, not with much bells and whistles.

CONCLUTION :

ur system is perfect, but if u r a gamer or multimedia enthusiast, thn put at least 256 mb ram, upgrade to winxp, install a decent agp.
U will get atleast 50 to 65% performance boost if u r running win xp in this.

let me have ur thoughts pls.

premrajeev

Journeyman
This is not a problem boss. It's just a setting u need to do.Many motherboards have the facility to do it automaticaly also, ASUS being exception.

There is nothing wrong with this ..even novice users can set it up..just read the manual and set up the jumpers as instructed ..or sometimes u can adjust this in bios also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom