AMD Cheats or wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakee

Journeyman
Hey i bought a new system with asus board and AMD athlon xp2400+.It was genuine in packing ..so &so.But when booting the initial screen shows the processor as AMD athlon Xp1800+.Am i cheated or thats no problem..jst some hardware geek info?...

aadipa

Padawan
u need to increse FSB to 133 MHz

2400+ operates at 2.0GHz

by default mobo's bios is set to 100MHz FSB so ur proccy shows 18*100=1800+
it should be 18*133=2400+

krish

Journeyman
There must be DIP sitches (according to your motherboard) which can be set in particular pattern for particular FSB. Go through the manual of your board for the positions of the DIP switches to change the FSB to 133. By default, FSB is 100.

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
mmm..not risky?

hey thx pals
but should i do it on my risk or is jst easy..plz explain me detaily wht i shud do?

aadipa

Padawan
its easy, just enter bios, goto frequency voltage control

ur core ration will be 18 if it is not, then tell what it is else continue further
go to cpu host clock and set it to 133MHz
save ur settings and exit, next boot will show ur cpu as 2400+

Sinnet

Broken In
hello ppl :D
for starters ASUS boards aint got DIP switches on them :p
all ASUS boards use jumpers :)
and some ASUS boards for AMD's have FSB settings locked to 100mhz as default and need to be unlocked via jumper settings to support 133 mhz and above :D
it's pretty easy and can be done by anyone :D
all u need to do is read the manual for FSB settings :)
it's easy m8 :)
read manual carefully and do it :)
aint no biggie :D
enjoy :)

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
THx sinnet
i got ur info. correct.I cant select the fsb configuration in bios as it was locked.Now im gonna try it in ur way.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Any way..

When u buy 2400+ then u should have that..

I think it was your bad luck.. ask your vendor..

B'coz when we say whe have 1800+ then it is 1800+, you never need to do anything with bios etc. untill you want to void ur warranty.or untill you wanna have some fun..

So.. better think again.. I get 300 ml coke when i ask for 300 ml. not 200 ml

aadipa

Padawan
Ricky said:
Any way..

When u buy 2400+ then u should have that..

I think it was your bad luck.. ask your vendor..

B'coz when we say whe have 1800+ then it is 1800+, you never need to do anything with bios etc. untill you want to void ur warranty.or untill you wanna have some fun..

So.. better think again.. I get 300 ml coke when i ask for 300 ml. not 200 ml

hey ricky, AMD identifies CPUs with PR, performance ratings.
2400+ actually runs at 2 GHz.
but its performance is equivatent to P4 2.4 GHz.
AMD does this because market is used to Intel's GHz ratings. (actually intel is also planning to scrab the core CPU speed ratings and will bring new ratings based on CPU's performance)
now by default motherboards are set to work at 100MHz as standard. since your CPU's FSB is higher, u need to specify that, either by setting DIP switchs, or by jumpers or by BIOS settings.

his proccy is correct, only host clock need to be adjusted for higher FSB.

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
U guys are really threatning..im satisfied with the performance in my procssor..let it show something..

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
true AMD 2400+ runs at 2.0 Ghz..
but if it is running ( rather displaying 1800+)
its just one of the jumpers on the motherboard.
and dont forget to reset your motherboard after changing the jumper(gosh i spend 2 hours to figure that out while assembling my comp...)

I have AMD 2400+
Asus A7V8X-MX motherboard
512MB

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
hey huyz another problem!...my Ram is 128 mb but while booting i see it showing 72 sometimes and 96sometimes!!

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
Well it is 128 mentioned on it.And in the bios also it specifies that the installed memory is 128.My pc is going very slow

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
hey rakke just increase the fsb to 133mhz. It should be default at 100 fsb. Actually even my freind brought a asus mb for 2000+ and it was showing 1200+ now it shows 2000+.
..:: peace ::..
jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom