AMD Also Delivers the Catalyst 12.2 Preview driver

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
AMD Also Delivers the Catalyst 12.2 Preview driver | techPowerUp

n addition to releasing the Catalyst 12.1 suite, AMD has today rolled out another graphics driver, a preview version of the Catalyst 12.2 which is set to come in WHQL-tagged form next month. Recommended for 'gamers', this preview release includes all the updates of Catalyst 12.1 as well as the following:

- AMD Eyefinity 2.1 technology enhancements
- Additional resolution support: Users can now choose from a larger set of resolutions when running AMD Eyefinity
- Dynamic Configuration Changes: Switching between different display configurations will occur automatically when physically plugging/un-plugging displays
- HydraVision enhancements: The Windows Task bar can now be moved and resized based on users preference
- Profile Manager improvements: Increased support for Display Groups (including 5x1) and Extended configurations within the Profile Manager

*support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst122Previewdriver.aspx

Please note that AMD Radeon HD 7900 users should keep using the 8.921.2 RC11 driver found here (the 12.2 preview does not supported the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Hey buddy i am still a noob, i have few queries
1. Does it works with my gigabyte 5770 GPU. Iam still using driver provided in bundled CD ?
2. Does this driver works on each AMD card like 4xxx,5xxx and 6xxx series card ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Already downloaded and installed. Let me check if solves my problem with RAGE.

abhinavmail1, using the driver from the bundled Driver CD is not a good idea. Always keep updating the driver to at least to the latest Full driver (currently it is 11.11c and 11.12 WHQL) if you don't want to use Preview drivers. Also download the latest CAP (CAtalyst Applications profiles) profiles and install them Those profiles update your Driver with optimized settings for the new games. Currently three CAP profiles are released after 11.12 driver, 11.12 CAP1, CAP2 and CAP3. Install them too.

Top Bottom