Status
Not open for further replies.

pheonix

Broken In
I am interested in buying an AMd Processor and supporting board

The thing is that i'm planning to shift to dual core shortly and i need a motherboard to support it. The thing is that i prefer a motherboard that support the dual core amd processor, good support to an ATI graphocs card, SATA2 prefered.

I need a motherboard support all this now so could someone give me their valuable advice

Also could someone mention the best DDR Ram in the market with the lowest latency

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@pheonix
well u can go for ASUS A8N-E(NForce4 chipset) this mobo is rock solid and will cost u sum where around 9k but no onboard vga so u hav to go for one and if u can and if fits into ur budget then go for ASUS A8N-SLI DLX for this u need to buy to card for best performance but i feel the other one is betta wid decent gpu as itsn ot easy to buy 2 decent gpuz.Corsair,Kingston 400mhz will cost u around 3.2k with 5 year warranty this is the best u can get eva Transcend i dun hav much idea bout this brand but hav heard that its gud.

Delpiero

Journeyman
pheonix said:
I am interested in buying an AMd Processor and supporting board

The thing is that i'm planning to shift to dual core shortly and i need a motherboard to support it. The thing is that i prefer a motherboard that support the dual core amd processor, good support to an ATI graphocs card, SATA2 prefered.

I need a motherboard support all this now so could someone give me their valuable advice

Also could someone mention the best DDR Ram in the market with the lowest latency
I don't know much about dual core processors. As for RAM you can check out the Corsair XMS and Kingston HyperX ,both are ultra low latencies RAM but they come at a price and only buy them if you are a real hardcore gamer. Otherwise you can go for usual DDR400 sticks IMO.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
if u go for an nforce 4 based mobo dont otp for an ATI card ... get a 6600gt or 6800 ultra instead ... the Asus A8N-E is a very good board and supports SATA 2 as well as the Athlon X2 Dual core (update the bios) ... for the lowest latecy ram get corsair XMS Low latency series ... they are expensive though but perform gr8.

OP
P

pheonix

Broken In
Thing is that i already have a PCI-E Ati Graphics Card Which i want to use so i want a board that will take it.

Secondly my existing power supply is a 24pin supply for the 915 mobo will that be a problem for the asus board

magnet

Youngling
pheonix i guess the power supply has nuthin to do with the boards.....power supply only the power supplied place an important role...... there is nuthin lik this power supply is for intel boards...and u cant use for amd............not like that.......it will work fine with amd......btw how much is the watts rating of it????

OP
P

pheonix

Broken In
No what the problem is in the old motherboards like the intel 865 the power connector on the bard was 20 pin and in the 915 gav was a 24 pin so i bought a 550W supply from antec which is 24 pin. I was wondering if it will work with the asus board.

Second will there be a problem if i use an ATi Radeon PCI -E Graphics card with the nForce 4 chipset, if yes wghich one should i use

OP
P

pheonix

Broken In
The four extra pins are with the 20 pin connector not seperate

What motherboard shoul i use if i have to use my ATI graphics card will the asus A8N-E be fine

magnet

Youngling
is this way your connecter.......i myself havent tried this.......but check this link and read the last para...may b it can help u

*www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/reviews/hardware/1465_p1_4.jpg

i myself havent tried this.......but check this link and read the last para...may b it can help u

*www.motherboards.org/reviews/hardware/1465_1.html

and ya i dont think there will b a prob if u connect an ati card on nforce 4 chipset...unless drivers r updated...............its lik u can use any company mouse on your computer.....it they r partial no one will buy the card

*www.motherboards.org/imageview.html?i=/images/reviews/hardware/1465_p1_4.jpg

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
pheonix said:
No what the problem is in the old motherboards like the intel 865 the power connector on the bard was 20 pin and in the 915 gav was a 24 pin so i bought a 550W supply from antec which is 24 pin. I was wondering if it will work with the asus board.

Second will there be a problem if i use an ATi Radeon PCI -E Graphics card with the nForce 4 chipset, if yes wghich one should i use

Actually, the older 20-pin ATX 1.3 SMPS will work nicely with the newer
24-pin ATX 2.0x standard motherboards, unless the board manufacturer
explicitely raises a warning. Even the ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe supports both
20-pin and 24-pin ATX connectors. Your board manual most likely has
some explanation on how to use 20-pin SMPS to connect to the 24-pins on
the board itself.

And I don't see why nForce4 should not support an ATi chipset. Only, it
won't in SLi mode, of course.

- Yamaraj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom