AMD 7000 series defected?? Vertical lines, crashes, Solid screens.

Manpreet Singh

Right off the assembly line
After working perfectly for about 1 month, my two month old HIS 7850 IceQ X started crashing for no reason at random times (Using youtube, opening folders, Editing videos and also while opening normal programs). It is going worse day by day and today it cant even play a video for 1 sec without crashing.

A quick google search made me realize that many people are having such issues with there 7000 series card especially 7850 (search 7850 vertical lines or 7850 gray screen of death) and brand does not matter, it can be asus, gigabyte , sapphire or like in my case HIS. And crashes occur in identical manner. Screen freezes and then either becomes plane solid color or becomes a pattern of vertical lines AND the only option that is left for user is to hard shut down.

Screen shot of vertical stripes screen : 10092012122.jpg picture by ManpreetSinghVFX - Photobucket

Screen shot of solid color screen : 09092012121.jpg picture by ManpreetSinghVFX - Photobucket

NOTE : colors of both of the above mention examples can vary. In my case either of these screen can be white, grey, blue, green and even brownish red.

So how many of you are having these issues and if you found any method to solve it please post.

OP
M

Manpreet Singh

Right off the assembly line
Send the card for RMA.

Offcorse I am gonna do that. But I am highly disappointed with the build quality of this series, everyone in the world is having issues with these cards. On another site I found a fellow Indian who is also having these issues with this same card. We need to spread the word so these companies can listen to us.

ritwiksondhi

Journeyman
Send it for RMA, no other option, most likely its an issue of bad heatsink installed by the manufacturer. I faced same issue around 2 years back with my PowerColor 5570. And don't believe these guys when they say they're getting you a new card because they never do, all they do is that they replace the heatsink. Also it'd be an issue with your power supply going rogue, get it checked meanwhile to avoid any hardware deficiency from your side.

Top Bottom