Hi

System which I want to buy:
Amd 3400 64
Asus K8N
512mb*2
120sata
17"flat samsung 793mb
altec lansing 251(5.1)

My comp engineer says that i need min 1kw ups.
Is it true?

G

gxsaurav

That guy is an idiot, this will run fine on a 600VA UPS & will give U about 8 mins backup

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
How does one calculate requirement of power
400 watts ps vip/powersafe
genius 10 button joystick
kb multimedia logitech
microsoft/logitech optical mouse
17" flat 793mb
5.1surround sound,altec lansing 251

Sankalp

Journeyman
I think u should go for somethin higher than 600VA. Ur list of things is huge so it shud consume more power. if everythin runs at the same time.

magnet

Youngling
well i guess atmost 800Va is more than enough enough if u want even mor big moniter+speaker than u should go for for higher rating...but i guess....800 is also quite a lot...go for apc..they have gud customer care service.....

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I am planning 2 600 va microtek ups,that is much cheaper than 1 800va apc and gives more va rating

computer on 1 ups
monitor and speakers on the other

cost of both ups might be about 3600

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I am planning 2 600 va microtek ups,that is much cheaper than 1 800va apc and gives more va rating

computer on 1 ups
monitor and speakers on the other

cost of both ups might be about 3600 total

magnet

Youngling
dude..why 2 ups???..man....u r wasting money......600va for 1 is mor than enough...also b sure u buying an online ups..also wait a bit for some mor review here...by some freak.theyll help u

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I want to connect my speakers to the ups,

i read in digit that one needs number of watt * 1.4 atleast and finally the total multiplied 1.2 if one plans to add a componenet or 2.

my psu will be of 400watts
monitor at normal times will require 80watts but let us assume that at peak requires 120-150watts + my speakers and sometimes usb drives etc.

so toal of 600watts or more
X 1.4

better go for 2 * 600va microtek ups,total cost 3.5-4k
while 1 apc 800va is for 4800 approx a little more

my dealer or enginner or whatever is advising not 800va but 1000va

devilhead_satish

In the zone
If he really thinks so, give the contract to someone else. A good 600VA UPS should do just fine. And you have the onboard graphics i suppose so i dont find any real need of more VA's

amey_dude

Journeyman
@akshayt: Hey why do u need to connect speaker to the ups :?

When the light goes we normally use the ups for a short backup time to save our work and exit!! I bet u wont do anything else than that :wink:
Then for that purpose why do u need speakers?

Best way i think is get 600VA ups for ur monitor and cpu and an spike gaurd for ur speakers :)

As also as devilhead_satish said before that if u dont hv graphics card then u really dont need any extra VA's

And about the dealer i think he is trying to fool u!! You dont need a 1000VA ups for ur config :!:

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
asus k8n has no onboard video

i am using a 128mb radeon 9800pro ati orignal and i want scope for oc my cpu,ram,gpu.

OP
A

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
600va is not recommended that much i know,
i am considereing 800va though

watt*1.4=va
va * 1.2=for upgradtion

Johnny_Bravo

Broken In
go for any damn ups that gives u 30 min backup since the backup dies out with time. else just 6 months and it will give u just 4 min just to shut ur games and computer.

i think 600 va shudsolve ur problem but try one with a long surviving battery. don't just go in for brand name like apc, it is cr@p. buy what u need and not what the company's giving u.

good luck!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom